Quitting Smoking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:w00t2::w00t::w00t2::cry: Man they make this hard don't they???????

In addition to the patch I use a prescription inhaler to help when the craving is too much for the patch to handle.

I also eat and drink lots more fruits and veggies, it helps. I tried sugar free gum, but the kids keep getting into it and it disappears!:glare:

hide it!!:LOL: Keep it in your pocket and tell them your out.

:w00t2::w00t::w00t2::cry: Man they make this hard don't they???????

In addition to the patch I use a prescription inhaler to help when the craving is too much for the patch to handle.

I also eat and drink lots more fruits and veggies, it helps. I tried sugar free gum, but the kids keep getting into it and it disappears!:glare:
:) What kind of inhaler? I'm past that but still curious about what you are talking about.

A Nicitrol Inhaler. It has a little capsule containing nicotine in it. When you put it in the tube and push it together, it forms a small cigarette like thingy, and releases the nicotine inside. Then you puff on it like you do a cigarette.
It burns my throat so I don't use it much.

:)Today was vey much like yesterday I still remember how much I enjoy/ enjoyed smoking. Now it seems I need to learn how to breathe with out cigs I am getting so much more air I need to learn how to compensate.

Meh, almost right on que! I have a cold that`s mainly sore throat and tight chest, and it`s only a couple of hours away from being exactly 1 week Quit, I can expect a few of these ( just like it was 18 years ago when I quit for 8 months).
HOWEVER!!!!
the Internet didn`t exist back then and there was little data at the local library about this phenomenon, and you may be absolutely Certain the anti-smoking literature (and most Doctors) will fail to tell you this or even acknowledge the fact that some DO get all sorts of chest infections and sore throats and diarrehoa and sickness and depression and whole range of other disorders as the body rids itself of the 3000+ chems you suck in per drag!
LOL, there`s a whole thread about it here: Quit smoking a year ago - sick ever since! >> Medical Questions, Weight Loss, Pregnancy, Drugs, Health Insurance
but pay Particular attention to poster that resumed smoking again as result only to find out that it DID`NT make it go away! and was stuck with the same problem as well as the original smoking habit :(
I`m a bit more determined Not to start again after reading some of those posts (not that I have any doubts anyway).
I must admit though, after reading about the lethargy and lack of energy and depression and some with panic attacks, I find it hard to imagine, as I feel almost the exact opposite since a few days ago, generally Happier and Plenty (maybe to excess) energy, and find I`m smiling on the inside more than I did before.
I`v been Physically FUBAR for the best part of a year now anyway, so that side of the quit isn`t going to make things any worse for me so I can give it the Bird ;)

"I have been quit for 6 Days, 19 hours, 11 minutes and 12 seconds (6 days). I have saved £9.70 by not smoking 135 cigarettes. I have saved 11 hours and 15 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 01/01/2009 00:00"
are my stats.

so.... I`v decided I`m going to buy a new Camera with the cash at the end of the year, I want a Pentax K20D.

what`s JP and Mav going to buy?

I used the Quit Time program, linked to in this thread (somewhere), it runs on my desktop.

Oh gee, more side effects to look forward to, yippie!! LOL still hanging in there. Maye I should have downloaded one of those time stat thingys too.

I will have to check back thru the thread and see if there is a link there, I thought I saw one. Otherwise if anyone has it handy, thats cool.

:) I'm at 6 days 20 plus hours and over 200 cigs not smoked. My reward is a house we are looking anyway this may be the one we will look at it Monday. It's a great price if you don't mind living in the middle of nowhere on the high desert plains of New Mexico. Santa Fe is only 105 miles from this town the inside will need new floors, paint etc since it's stuck in retro 1979.
http://www.swranches.com/Geodesic/Flyer.pdf

OK downloaded and found, Here are my stats:
I have been quit for 6 Days, 2 minutes and 14 seconds (6 days). I have saved $30.00 by not smoking 120 cigarettes. I have saved 10 hours of my life. My Quit Date: 1/1/2009 6:08 PM

They have been selling snus around here for awhile. Currently a tin is free if you buy a pack of Camels, and they have sent me numerous coupons for a free tin of snus in the mail.

Snuff or dip is placed directly in the mouth between the gums and cheek and is just basically shredded tobacco that is still moist, no casing. As juices form in your mouth, you have to spit them out. We always called it chewing tobacco growing up.
Snus is in a pouch, and they do something to it so that you don't have to constantly spit out the juice. You stick it in the same place and just leave it there. No spitting, no smoke so you can use it anywhere you want.
I wish I had seen cigarettes as being just as disgusting as chewing tobacco is...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom