Rachael Ray: 40 Dollars A Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mylegsbig

Head Chef
lol have any of you ever witnessed her put something in her mouth, do the patented "mmmmm" then the roll-the-eyes gesture of bliss, but realize instantly she was full of it and the food was awful?

Me and my girl caught it only once, lol but it was obvious. It was in some bar-type place down south, and she had her food and she made a gross face oh so subtly right before the "mmmmm" *rolls eyes*

i can't think of any specifics and i barely remember this...another post made by a forum member just made me think of it and lol

so please share..have you seen rachael try something she obviously did not like

any other stories related are encouraged

cheers

I actually saw her taste something once and outwardly say she did not like it. She was polite about it, but she made it very clear that she would not be eating any more of it.

I wish I could remember. I really can't recall any details at all other than being completely surprised that I finally saw her do that.

My take on these food show is that they never say if food is crap, they just say wow this is so good. I would love a show which actually says "oh this wasnt so good". lol

I've noticed a few times where she'll take a bite and then immediately grab a glass of water or whatever it is to take a drink. That could mean she wasn't so crazy about the food, in my opinion.

This always starts an argument around here due to RR's personality. I watch the show quite a bit, most of the food on there looks spectacular. They cameramen check into the preparation of entrees. I work in a kitchen...and if her camera crew wrer filming me, I'd make darn sure it was fabulous tasting, and well-presented.

Now if she was eating at Buffet restaurants and fast food, I'd think she was full of it.

I'll defend that woman anyday, she maybe a little over-expressive, but this is her life, and I really think RR enjoys it!!!
Thanks...now back to your regularly scheduled thread!!!

Erik, i like Rachael Ray too. She is my favorite food TV chef.

But some of the food she tries in all of those random spots has to be crap.

How many times have you gotten bad food at a restaurant?

She's just trying not to be rude about it and im sure the producers tell her to act like everything is good.

not a jab at ray ray, just innocent musing

I wish I had seen her eat that dish she said she didn't care for. I've never seen a TV chef say anything was less than "fabulous" - a word that gets a lot of use on FoodTV.

Alton Brown is easily my favorite TV chef. I can't decide about RR- on the one hand as a working chef she occasionally annoys me with here occasional bursts of pure ignorance, but she's just so **** perky that here obvious faults can be overlooked.

i cannot watch $40/day.

part of it is the insincerity. everything can't be that good. it supposes that the viewer is dimwitted enough to believe her, time after time.

(gb, i would really loved to have seen that episode. did you eat a lot of chocolate, then fall asleep and dream that? lol, chocolate gives me vivid dreams)

the other thing that gets me is her tipping. i realize the idea of the show was to keep it cheap, but it would have seemed more believable if they said the tips were not included in the $40.

Jimmy and I were watching a $40/day episode that features Mystic, Conn-we make a day trip there every summer to vivist Jimmy's favorite lobster place Abbott's in the Rough which is actually in Noank- not too far from Mystic.Anyway we were curious to see what restaurants she was featuring.She reviewed a little tiny place that we drove by a million times when we lived there.It's called Kitchen Little and RR reviewed it for breakfast,the menu looked interesting so we gave it a try and it was really good.We'll probably be having breakfast again there in the near future.Just thought I'd share.

umm, legs, it's holy saturday. christ is a little tied up right now.

but i'm still sure he tipped better. i can't imagine the bill that started out with just 5 loaves and 2 fishes...

(at least he was good with the bar tab at weddings)

I actually saw her taste something once and outwardly say she did not like it. She was polite about it, but she made it very clear that she would not be eating any more of it.

Yeah.... it was probably something that SHE cooked. RR is full of it 80% of the time while on camera. Shes acting. And its not even GOOD acting.
Personally I think she is a secret Al Quida operative. :dry:

Further more....... $40 a DAY!??! :huh: Yeah...... thats a tough one..... for someone that has a few MILLION in the bank! Try $40 a WEEK! :angry:

Andy M. said:
I wish I had seen her eat that dish she said she didn't care for. I've never seen a TV chef say anything was less than "fabulous" - a word that gets a lot of use on FoodTV.

I think 99% of the time they say the food tastes good. The tastebuds they have must be special.

I don't know why everyone is so against them enjoying their food. Personally, just about everything they ever show makes me hungry. Just about everything always looks great to me. They do not go to these restaurants blind either. They have scoped them out and picked which dishes they will order ahead of time. Of course they are going to pick dishes they enjoy.

i understand your point gb, well taken, but it comes off as a little too perfect. (lol, the show, not your point...) it's not well thought out, but then again, it doesn't have to be.(again, the show, lol)
i guess the market they are after doesn't watch the show regularly, or else they expect us to be idiots. it's along the lines of "don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining". most likely, it's been calculated to be the former. cheap to produce based on some kind of hook, but no real substantive effort.
a lot of foodtv's shows are like that, imo.

Hafta say i watched the show when she did Memphis. Some of the places she went to places I never heard of, and she totally missed Huey's in Midtown for burgers.

Oh well, love her or hate her - that's another show. And I can do my own foraging.

Back
Top Bottom