Random Act of Kindness - start the wave DC!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My RAK for myself has me zipping around, I'll be able to hit the halls faster today, handing out my hugs, etc.

I'm letting Shrek have the car today and I remembered to give him the money to fill the gas tank.

I think I need to be the recipient of a RAK today. I am so sick of snow and winter and BLAH!

Seriously though, I'm on my way out the door and I'm keeping my eyes open for an opportunity to be nice today. I figure maybe it will make ME feel better if I'm nice to someone else.

I'm sending warm weather to Edmonton, so winter goes away soon.:LOL:. I guarantee results within 3 months.

My friend that tows cars, offered to tow my car for only $110.:rolleyes: Then a complete stranger towed it for free and offered and paid me $225 for it.:)

I bought lunch for my police officer friend, he was hit by a car on duty, and having difficulty getting around. He uses a cane, so I helped carry his plates and bowls from the buffet so he could use his cane. Who wouldn't help this kind of person?

Making some mac and cheese, with smoked ham sandwiches and tomato soup for the weary at my house.

I'm sending warm weather to Edmonton, so winter goes away soon.:LOL:. I guarantee results within 3 months.

My friend that tows cars, offered to tow my car for only $110.:rolleyes: Then a complete stranger towed it for free and offered and paid me $225 for it.:)

I bought lunch for my police officer friend, he was hit by a car on duty, and having difficulty getting around. He uses a cane, so I helped carry his plates and bowls from the buffet so he could use his cane. Who wouldn't help this kind of person?

Making some mac and cheese, with smoked ham sandwiches and tomato soup for the weary at my house.

Always be nice to our Police Officer friends...Shrek got pulled over for missing a stop sign...the Policeman was a friend of mine, he looked in the window, asked me if I knew this joker and let him off with a warning. He told me later that he probably would have given Shrek the ticket if he hadn't recognized me.

blissful, thanks for the warm weather! I hope it arrives soon! My good deeds for the day were to leave a loonie in a cart for a random stranger, pick up a 2lb basket of strawberries that a lady dropped on the floor, and to arrange a lovely fruit plate for my kiddos when they got home from school. My good deed for ME is sitting down with a purring kitty beside me. Ahhhhh!

blissful, thanks for the warm weather! I hope it arrives soon! My good deeds for the day were to leave a loonie in a cart for a random stranger, pick up a 2lb basket of strawberries that a lady dropped on the floor, and to arrange a lovely fruit plate for my kiddos when they got home from school. My good deed for ME is sitting down with a purring kitty beside me. Ahhhhh!

for all the non Canucks: a loonie is a one dollar coin :LOL:

What kind of cart? The kind at the grocery store where you have to put money to get the cart?

What kind of cart? The kind at the grocery store where you have to put money to get the cart?

Yep, the little produce store I visit (AMAZING prices) has grocery carts that need a loonie instead of a quarter.

I've used those in Florida, except they only used a quarter.:ohmy:

Heh heh heh. Not sure if this counts but I carried my geriatric, diabetic kitty up the stairs today. LOL! She just looked like she was working up the energy to climb the stairs so I thought I'd help.

Heh heh heh. Not sure if this counts but I carried my geriatric, diabetic kitty up the stairs today. LOL! She just looked like she was working up the energy to climb the stairs so I thought I'd help.

Cat: I was, just sitting there, getting my energy back after the grueling climb and partial roll down the stairs, when my hoomin picked me up and carried me back up them. Sheesh!

I tried to be kind today. Work was begging folks to work extra hours this week so I took my Sunday(missing church) and went to work. You would have thought I was an intruder. I got pushed around so much and treated like I was in the way by every supervisor there that I finally clocked out and left. So much for appreciating my employment and trying to go the extra mile. No good deed goes unpunished.

Well THAT just sucks! I'm sorry you were rewarded with such a grumpy attitude. You deserved better than that.

You plug in a coin to unlock the cart and then you get it back when you return the cart to the corral.

I left a quarter in a cart yesterday, Alix. The car next to me was pulling in when I left it and the guy looked at the cart, looked at me with a strange look and then waited until I left before he took it. I think he was figuring I might ask him for a quarter! :LOL: We have some stores that use a dollar and some a quarter - depends on the store and the crime rate in the area.

DH and I found that with his new job and extra hours over Spring break at the first job, plus our tax returns we have a little extra cash so today we gave envelopes to two young couples in our new church group. One couple has two kids (both with medical problems) and he is having trouble in the real Estate business right now. The other couple are expecting their first child in May and are finding themselves as a pastoral couple in a very tiny (at the moment) group. We felt so good that we could help them out. We stuck the envelopes of cash in the wives' purses when no one was looking so they don't know who gave them! :)

I actually hadn't planned on telling anyone we did it (much less the entire world wide web :ohmy:) and had actually never saw this thread before. It wasn't a lot but we hope it will help them a bit.

Glad you found the thread LP. Its my personal belief that if we are all consciously thinking of ways to be pleasant or kind in subtle ways it will influence our thinking all the time. And if more people start doing it, perhaps we will see a groundswell of "nice" instead of all the reports of people "snapping".

Yep, now you all know it, my own little Pollyanna vision of the world. ;)

That raises the bar awfully high, LP. What a nice thing to do!

As far as I am concerned, there is no "bar" when it comes to acts of kindness. Whoever got Alix's dollar in the cart may have been having a rotten day and that was all they needed to brighten it up.

Glad you found the thread LP. Its my personal belief that if we are all consciously thinking of ways to be pleasant or kind in subtle ways it will influence our thinking all the time. And if more people start doing it, perhaps we will see a groundswell of "nice" instead of all the reports of people "snapping".

Yep, now you all know it, my own little Pollyanna vision of the world. ;)

Alix, I totally agree with you. Today I had to take Dad to Motor Vehicles because a mix up when he surrendered his license two years ago. They have handicapped parking stalls but no automatic door opener. There were at least 50 people within range of that door and no one helped us until we were almost out the door ourselves. And yet at the Y, there is a young man with developmental disabilities who waits for the HandyDART bus when we arrive Tuesday and Friday afternoons. He always gets up and comes over to hold the door open for us (and there is a button to automatically open it). To me THAT is what it is all about.

Back
Top Bottom