Random Photo Thread III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RPCookin

Executive Chef
Since the old one has been lost in the mists of the past, I thought maybe a new photo thread was in order. If the Admins don't want it here, I don't mind if it goes away.

I took this photo 3 weeks ago, after our last snowstorm. This house finch was sitting in the tree outside our bedroom window. It came out so nice that we decided that it will be the cover image on our Christmas card this year.

i-DMhsmzD-M.jpg

Love that picture, Rick. I once read a description of a house finch as looking like a sparrow dipped into raspberry juice. Looks like your little guy was held under a bit. [emoji38]

Another beach day...

at our secret beach here on the south central coast of California.. 75 degrees. You simply must know how to get here.
No crowding here, and we can even stay out of the sand on the bluff and feed the little rock squirrels. Find the squirrels. ;) This time we brought them a bag of healthy pumpkin seeds instead of sharing our chips.

Attachments

• IMG_20200708_124042.jpg
    IMG_20200708_124042.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 86
  • thumbnail_IMG_20200708_123912.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_20200708_123912.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_20200708_120341[1].jpg
    IMG_20200708_120341[1].jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
I lived in Southern CA on the beach for three years. It was beautiful. I sometimes miss the relaxation of the water.
My retirement dream is to be on or near the ocean. If not, then an ocean view. I finally came to realize water is my touchstone.

My retirement dream is to be on or near the ocean. If not, then an ocean view. I finally came to realize water is my touchstone.

Ohhhhh I hear you Dave!! My whole life I've found my soul again on the beach. It's so calming watching the ocean on a beautiful day, and watching the power of a winter storm is thrilling.

Not my photos, but two of them that our son posted on Facebook. While I do like much of what he posts, I really loved these from today. Nothing fancy - just grabbed screenshots. BTW, if you want to see more of his work, you can follow him on Instagram at "skalamander".

Screenshot_20200730-135709.jpgScreenshot_20200730-171311.jpg

Back
Top Bottom