Random Photo Thread: The Sequel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, lots of snowmen, and lots of fun play. :LOL:

They had no power for 4 days, so they lived by candlelight, flashlights, and fireplace.
View attachment 26097

Finally got some help down the hill, the cows included. :)
View attachment 26098

They all had a pretty good time, regardless - they were stocked with food, warm clothes and supplies, and kind of had a nice Little House on The Prairie type vacation. :)

Now is the time to teach him about snow ball fights. While his hands are small and can only make small snowballs. Watch out Mommy and Daddy! Here's one for you!

I took this pic at Cade's Cove in the Great Smoky Mountains last week.

img_1497443_0_75176e11987e667d2a5050082cbc9699.jpg

My wife, her 93 year old father, and I took a drive yesterday. We headed northwest from here into the Pawnee Grasslands up along the border where Colorado, Wyoming and Nebraska meet. We started in Colorado, had lunch in Pine Bluffs Wyoming, then cut through the SW corner of Nebraska back through the grasslands to Pawnee Buttes. I managed a couple of photos from the trip (obviously we are not currently have much in the way of winter weather):

The bluffs that bound one part of the grasslands:

i-tcTjR5N-XL.jpg

And the Pawnee Buttes from one of the overlooks:

i-QJVv8c6-XL.jpg

Last edited:
Even though they slightly mar the scenery, I just love those windmills way off in the distance. It tells me that we have finally found a safe, and pollution free method for producing and meeting our energy needs.

Even though they slightly mar the scenery, I just love those windmills way off in the distance. It tells me that we have finally found a safe, and pollution free method for producing and meeting our energy needs.

Hate to burst your bubble, Addie, but they are a band-aid, not a solution. They simply don't generate as much power as you'd think. We don't even get any benefit from them, and we have a field of them that starts only 3 miles from our house. From what I've read, the power is being shipped to the west coast so all the folks in La-La land can feel good about "their" clean power. Our coal and gas powered plants are still running at full capacity.

Wow, Paymaster. GREAT action shot of the deer! Nice scenery pic, Rick...and Jon, what a huge job to wash that truck! :ohmy:

Baby Bro and Paula Deen! I'm so envious, I could scream! Bet he ate well tonight, he's staying at her beautiful lake house. I am highly annoyed.ImageUploadedByDiscuss Cooking1485919829.471003.jpg

Wow, Paula looks good. And baby bro is a handsome fella! How fun - from what I've seen she's got a beautiful place.

I know! He takes after his big sister. My moustache is darker though.

I'll try to post her gorgeous lake property. Right after I kick him. How dare he??? Without inviting me???

Hate to burst your bubble, Addie, but they are a band-aid, not a solution. They simply don't generate as much power as you'd think. We don't even get any benefit from them, and we have a field of them that starts only 3 miles from our house. From what I've read, the power is being shipped to the west coast so all the folks in La-La land can feel good about "their" clean power. Our coal and gas powered plants are still running at full capacity.

I live right next to a major highway. Across on the other side for about three miles are all large businesses. UPS terminal, FedEx, Burlington Express, etc. These are large buildings that contain a complete mechanical service center and loading dock for their large vehicles. Each large building has a windmill to provide electrical service to the individual service. What electricity they don't use, they sell back to our utility company or the grid. As a result, those on SS and Medicare receive a very small cash stipend with our food stamps to pay us for the overcharges of the utility company simply because they have refused to lower their rates even thought they are getting all this electricity back at a reduced rate.

Sometimes we little folks just can't win.

Wow Dawg! That baby bro is drop dead handsome!! He looks like someone famous I can't place right now. What the heck is he doing there?

I know, Kay! All 6'7“ of him! One of his besties is the guy who does the Alaska crab boat show.

He's an executive producer and occasional actor on NBC shopping network.

I'm not about to feed his ego by telling him he looks like George Clooney, dragn. Need to keep him in line.

Last edited:
I told him he has a fan club on DC. Then I kicked him in the shin, just to keep him humble. I am the big sister after all.

He's also a bit of a foodie. Not a bad cook either. Does not listen to a word of advice.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom