Random Photo Thread: The Sequel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is a photo that I shot 8 or 9 years ago, and never could find a development process that I really liked, that worked for the subject. It's an old cabin in the Colorado mountains. It must have been quite deluxe at one time, and still looks interesting now. Trees have grown large and very close to the cabin, giving some idea as to how long it must have been there. Anyway, here it is:

i-36j4ptm-L.jpg

This is what pure happiness looks like. We found the first ear of sweet corn! Some of you will remember this little boy is the reason I joined here. He was allergic to more stuff than not. 4 years of a special diet and playing outside in the dirt. He has been 100% allergy free for a year now. FB_IMG_1566261167668.jpg

This is what pure happiness looks like. We found the first ear of sweet corn! Some of you will remember this little boy is the reason I joined here. He was allergic to more stuff than not. 4 years of a special diet and playing outside in the dirt. He has been 100% allergy free for a year now. View attachment 36251

Wow! Great news Jon.

Just an iPhone photo of psycho-poodle checking on his doves. Not high quality, but I didn't have time to get a better camera. My iPhone was right in front of me, so I grabbed it, and got a couple shots before the dove flew away.

A couple of doves have built a nest in the window box outside of my office window. At first, Teddy barked at them, but I worked with him, and now he just looks at them.

CD

Attachments

• TeddyDove.jpg
    TeddyDove.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 89
Just an iPhone photo of psycho-poodle checking on his doves. Not high quality, but I didn't have time to get a better camera. My iPhone was right in front of me, so I grabbed it, and got a couple shots before the dove flew away.

A couple of doves have built a nest in the window box outside of my office window. At first, Teddy barked at them, but I worked with him, and now he just looks at them.

CD

My dog ignores birds. But he goes nuts over just about any other animal. They don't even have to be live. He will bark at the TV any time I'm watching any kind of wildlife show, or ever a commercial with a dog in it.

My dog ignores birds. But he goes nuts over just about any other animal. They don't even have to be live. He will bark at the TV any time I'm watching any kind of wildlife show, or ever a commercial with a dog in it.

Teddy loves to chase squirrels. He also barks like crazy at cats he sees out of the window. I had to work with him to not scare the doves. He just looks at them now.

Weird thing is, his best friend is a cat. My dog sitter has a cat named Voodoo, and they play together, and sleep in the same bed at night.

CD

Attachments

• Teddy-Voodoo800-600.jpg
    Teddy-Voodoo800-600.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 83

CD

Sweet pic, Casey! :) We have a big dove population here. They're not the brightest birds, and build their nests in the weirdest places. :huh: I had a couple of doves build a nest on the top horizontal rung on my back fence the beginning of summer - the first big wind blew the nest and the 2 eggs on the ground. :(

Sweet pic, Casey! :) We have a big dove population here. They're not the brightest birds, and build their nests in the weirdest places. :huh: I had a couple of doves build a nest on the top horizontal rung on my back fence the beginning of summer - the first big wind blew the nest and the 2 eggs on the ground. :(

Our doves really picked a perfect place to nest. It is strong, deep and it drains well. It is on the North side of the house, so never gets the hot, direct sunlight. No predators are likely to get to them.

I have not seen or heard any baby doves, yet.

CD

..Weird thing is, his best friend is a cat. My dog sitter has a cat named Voodoo, and they play together, and sleep in the same bed at night.
attachment.php
Oh my gosh, Teddy is just the cutest pup! With all of his curly hair, he could be Italian! His shiny nose, his button eyes. Such a sweetie.

Voodoo is pretty cool, too. Love those baby blues.

I ran across a old photo of myself today. This was taken in about 1967.

Did you ever see a person growing out of the wall of a cave? Here I am at age 20, in Ram's Horn Cave, just outside of White Sulphur Springs, Montana. A group of us were doing some amateur spelunking in Montana's 3rd largest cave. It's not a tourist cave. It was about a half mile walk from the highway through open pastureland up on a hillside. You could walk 10 feet away and never see it, but we had a person who'd been there and knew how to find it.

i-gzNjtJP-M.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom