Raven has some bad weather coming.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

texasgirl

Master Chef
He is under Tornado watches right now, but, just to the west of Little Rock there are 3 counties with warnings and headed right for him. Little prayer that it blows over before it gets to him!!
Yep, stay safe and keep an eye out, Raven!!

Attachments

• us_lit_closeradar_large_usen.jpg
    us_lit_closeradar_large_usen.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 213
  • severe_cn_720x486.jpg
    severe_cn_720x486.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 230
Last edited:
Thanks Gang, we're praying hard this morning.

Dopplar radar is reporting straight-line wind speeds in these storms beteen 80 and 120Mph and there has already been a lot of damage from the first round that came through about 4:00 this morning. Lot's of tree's down and homes damaged.

We're about 30 minutes uprange from the squall, and now the cell we're watching is moving over the Oaklawn Race track right now that is producing 70mph winds combined with it's forward movement means they could be getting a ground-truth straight-line wind of as much as 140mph.

I'm wondering now where they evacuated all the fans to.

God Bless and I'll get back in when it's gone.
~ Raven ~

It came fast and furious on us this morning. It only lasted about 20 minutes though. It was rough then and it's just gotten worse. Just keep your head down and get ready, just in case!!

We're alive!!

We dodged a huge bullet. The apex went just about a half-mile or so to the north of us and knocked out power to about 5,300 customers but not here. We got some high wind and heavy rain but no damage.

Let me tell you, don't ever let anyone tell you God don't answer prayers cause they'd have a fight on their hands from me. :)

This was a double-barrel whammy. We had one line move through around 4:00 am and do a lot of damage around the state (none here) then when the sun came up and started fueling the second line it got really ugly.

At one point we had an anti-cyclonic funnel cloud spin up down just north of Hot Springs but it didn't come down.

There was one reported fatality in Hot Springs that has not yet been confirmed but thankfully that is the only one I've heard reported so far.

A lot of lighting fires have been reported as well.

There is also a joke going around that the Clinton Library was knocked off it's blocks but that's not true.

God Bless and thank you all for the prayers. They were answered in spades. :)

~ Raven ~

{Edited to add} They just reported that a long time city council member of the town of Ashdown, Ar. was found dead in his home this morning as the result of a lightning strike that set his house on fire. His wife did make it out of the home and is recovering from numerous cuts and bruises.

Last edited:
Raven, so glad to hear your in the clear. Sad about the death. It's always sad.

Jimmy, keep your eyes on it and stay safe. We'll be praying. Let us know when it's past you too!!

Thanks Raven. I always hate the ones that come when we are asleep. It hit us about 5am. My alarm was about to go off anyway, so, when the hail started pounding on the house, I got up and turned on the news. I don't like it when it's too dark to see anything that might be coming down!!

What weather site is this from? I usually go on weather channel, but, this one looks more discriptive.

This is from a program called Storm Lab :)

I like this one and another called Storm Predator, but while Storm Predator has better graphics, Storm Lab has better tagging and cell data, so I tend to switch back and forth between them depending on what information I need. :)

~ Raven ~

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom