Reading glasses!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HeyItsSara

Sous Chef
I am reaching for them more and more and should invest in a few new pairs.

Do you prefer regular framed reading glasses or the half glasses?

thanks all!

I prefer regular ones and have a pair in nearly every room in our house, as well in my purse.

I get mine at a site called readers.com. I love their prices and the selection of frame styles is mind boggling. They often have great sales.

I have some of each. In the past, I've bought them here and there. The last one I bought fro Amazon and I think they are the best quality I've had.

I keep two different strengths. One for regular reading and for using my phone. This is my actual Rx. I also have a couple of pairs of glasses with a weaker Rx that I use with my laptop. These are the half glasses so I can glance over the tops at the TV or SO when we are talking.

When I used reading glasses, I used full frames. Now, I just use prescription bifocals with regular types of frames.

We started buying reading glasses like this: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B083MZWXJY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

We pick our magnification for reading glasses. A 4 or 5 pack, around $3/pair. One for the purse or car, family room, bed room, extra two pair. They last a long time. 2-3 years even though I wash them in the sink with soap.

I asked a friend that was an optometrist, will this hurt me in any way, to buy the cheap reading glasses if I don't have problems with my long distance vision? She said no it won't hurt you at all.

Since I had my eyeballs replaced I have needed reading glasses. I purposely selected distance instead of close up so I could pass the DMV eye exam without glasses. My prescription is a simple 2.50 magnification, so I could go with discount store magnifiers, but I opted for progressive transition prescription lenses so I only need one pair for everywhere and everything.

I like the smaller lens, not really half, but not huge either...but more importantly, I like the flexible frames. They are just more comfortable for me. I used to get them at Costco, but they don't seem to have them too often, these days. I get them on Amazon. A pair for my purse, and several pairs conveniently stashed around the house. Saves a lot of time!

Back
Top Bottom