Recent booboo?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chopstix

Head Chef
Do you have any? A stupid thing I did recently was to accidentally cut the corner of my mouth flossing. It hurt just to part my lips, especially when I forgot and yawned or laughed. Worse, the wound became fresh again each time. Finally swore to keep that corner closed for as long as it took to heal. Slurped porridge for two days (from the uninjured side). Looked and felt really stupid. :wacko:

I have a tear on my finger from wiping down the caulking on the trim we painted and finding a staple that I didn't see. That's about it. Hurt for a couple of days, but, it's better now.

middie said:
got a paper cut on the webbing between my fingers
:ohmy: Oooochie! I remember about once a year in school I'd inevitably pinch one of the rings on my binders in that exact same spot. Goodness did it smart like the Dickens!

I hope you guys are all feeling better soon. I guess the closest thing like that which done is not quite get enough of myself onto our desk chair last week when I was talking on the phone. The chair went one way (backwards) I went down and bruised one forearm and scraped the other elbow in the process :LOL:

I came home late one night and forgot to set the parking brake on my car.

When I got out I didn't notice it ever-so-slowly rolling backwards out of its
parking place. The wheels were turned slightly and as it backed out it rubbed
up against the tire of an SUV parked next to it, which stopped it... but not
before a 'running light' on the side of my car broke (the amber light on the
right front fender). I didn't notice until I left home the next morning. The
replacement part was about $60.

Oops :unsure:

Saturday I went to feed the horse next door and
on the way home grabbed a handful of dead ferns out of the yard...
I didn't have my garden gloves on and sliced two of my fingers. One is pretty bad. For some reason it started to bleed again last night. Ouch.

Not really a booboo, but woke up with a kink in my shoulder - and oh yeah, i think i haver bersitis (sp?) in my knee? Is this what happens when one turns 40?

Mine too. With all the exercising I've been doing my left leg is rebelling - I think I will have to get one of those little trailers they use with dogs who can no longer work their back legs. I wonder if they make them in my size!!!

Here's a stupid one that I did last week - I'm pretty clumsy so causing bruises on myself is pretty common. I normally don't even notice anymore. Then I see the bruise & wonder what I did!

Anyway - I got a new chair at work. I put the arms up pretty high. Pushed myself into my desk/work area & pinched a hunk of my forearm. Yowch!!!!

This wasn't too recently, but it wasn't long ago--My blood pressure medicine dries my mouth so bad that one morning I woke up with my tongue stuck to my mouth. When I pulled it away, it literally took the skin off the tip of my tongue. It hurt for a week!

:) Barbara

i am one of those people that just ignores little bumps and bruises, to the point that someone will exclaim where did the spots of blood come from, so i start checking my limbs for cuts. i was raised that if it isn't sticking out through the skin, you can walk it off.

currently i'm nursing a reinjured torn rotator cuff (from a surfing wipeout a few years ago), which made shovelling out this past weekend a lot of fun.

thank god for aspirin, and beer.

WOW!! And here I am currently HEALTHY! Even after a weekend of skiing!!!

Of course, this comes on the tail end of a re-aggrivated torn hamstring, an attempt to slice off part of two fingers, broken ribs...

I guess I was due... :angel:

John

PS - Bucky, they make these things called snowblowers, they work great!! :ROFLMAO:

hah!!! i knew you'd chime in here ronjohn. i think we were seperated at birth.

i have a snowblower, but it is buried in the shed and i've never used it, so i don't even know if it has old gas in it, which would be shellac by know. i'll have to pull it out and give her a tune up for the next storm. lol, i should have time by august....

buckytom said:
hah!!! i knew you'd chime in here ronjohn. i think we were seperated at birth.

If so, then I got the better shoulder! My rotator cuff held together when I popped my shoulder out a few years back!

LOL about the old gas - bought a new gas can full right before Christmas for the snowblower, mixed it up, AND IT STOPPED SNOWING!!! It'll be old before I even get a chance to use it!

John

LOL! Let me tell ya, the last two day's for me have been one constant string of non-stop boo-boo's and blonde-moments. :LOL:

Another day like the last two and I'll be legally declared a danger to myself and get a nice room with upholstered walls. :LOL:

~ Raven ~

Back
Top Bottom