Recipe needs translation. Sort of.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JustJoel

Executive Chef
I found this recipe for bigots, Polish hunter’s stew. It actually looks pretty good, but you’ve gotta see the recipe! I really don’t need it translated, it’s in English, but it was obviously written by someone who doesn’t speak English very well. At least when it comes to cooking terms! After I scratched my head a few times, I had to laugh.

Bigos; Polish Hunter’s Stew

I would like to know what “hunter’s sausage” is though, if anyone knows.

Sausage made with venison or boar/wild pig, I.e. something somebody would hunt I would think. Kielbasa would probably be good too.

I found this recipe for bigots, Polish hunter’s stew. It actually looks pretty good, but you’ve gotta see the recipe! I really don’t need it translated, it’s in English, but it was obviously written by someone who doesn’t speak English very well. At least when it comes to cooking terms! After I scratched my head a few times, I had to laugh.

Bigos; Polish Hunter’s Stew

I would like to know what “hunter’s sausage” is though, if anyone knows.

Please forgive me Joel but, I had to laugh when I read that in bold..
I thought, "Do bigots really like Polish Stew?" :LOL:

Ross

Please forgive me Joel but, I had to laugh when I read that in bold..
I thought, "Do bigots really like Polish Stew?" :LOL:

Ross
I just saw that. It’s my stupid autocorrect. The correct word is “bigos.”

Why is it that when autocorrect gets things wrong, it gets them so VERY wrong?

Sausage made with venison or boar/wild pig, I.e. something somebody would hunt I would think. Kielbasa would probably be good too.
It’ll have to be kielbasa; my local Smith’s is plumb out of wild boar and venison sausage! ;)

It's a dried sausage, similar to kielbasa, that hunters would take with them on a hunting trip

Hunter’s Sausage is popular in many countries, for example in Germany it is called Jadgwurst and in Italy Cacciatore. Polish Mysliwska Sausage (Hunter’s Sausage) is made of pork and beef. Hunting always was a popular sport in Poland practiced originally by the nobility and even then by only well to do people. A hunter carried a big hunting bag where he kept the necessary tools, honey wine and food that had to last for a number of days. Mysliwska Sausage was a relatively short, heavily smoked semi-dry sausage that would make an ideal food or snack in those circumstances. Adding beef, prolonged smoking and juniper berries give the sausage its unique character and color. Unlike most sausages, Mysliwska sausage after smoking is baked in a smokehouse.

https://www.meatsandsausages.com/sausage-recipes/mysliwska

I just saw that. It’s my stupid autocorrect. The correct word is “bigos.”

Why is it that when autocorrect gets things wrong, it gets them so VERY wrong?

Yup... Until recently, I didn't text... My daughter gets a kick out of some of my messages to her.. :wacko:

Ross

Back
Top Bottom