RIP Jerry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GB

Chief Eating Officer
It was 11 years ago today that the world lost an amazing musician. You changed mine and many other peoples lives for the better. Rest In Peace Jerry Garcia.

I thought that was ice cream. Wait... I'm combinging "Jerry" from B&J's with "Cherry Garcia" which must have been named after him. So I presume he was very famouse. I can't believe I don't remember him dying. What was I doing then?

Yes Cherry Garcia was a tribute to Jerry. One of the most famous musicians of our time.

Live
Love
Life
enjoy...

By the way, GB, i wouldn't of pegged you a head. Good stuff! I saw Phil and friends/RATDOG and it was AMAZING!!!! Of course it was no dead show, saw 'em at hampton as Warloc.

Last edited:
Well I only saw the boys 7 times, but have listened to thousands upon thousands upon thousands of hours. My first show was in 93 at Rich stadium in Buffalo (Sting opened) and it was one of the most amazing times of my life. I had been listening to their music since around 1988 or so, but my life changed the day I first saw them.

When was that Hampton show?

And to think the man could play guitar like that and he didn't even have all 10 fingers.

When my husband wears his hair down, instead of in a tail, a lot of people think he looks like Jerry Garcia. (He's more handsome,though!)
We went to a Farm Aide concert right after he passed, and the people standing in line to get in started chanting, "Jer-ry! Jer-ry!"

"Come hear Uncle John's Band by the riverside,
Got some things to talk about, here beside the rising tide."

and maybe I need to chop off some fingers too Mudbug.

That name sounds familiar. What Django stuff would you recommend?

anything he recorded with Stephan Grappelli. "Nuages" is one of his most famous tunes.

Just checked one of the CDs I have - here's the info on the side of the thing:
314-516-931-2 Jazz Masters 38, on the Verve label.

If you can't find it, let me know. I'll return the long ago favor and burn you a CD.

Back
Top Bottom