RIP Squiggy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
David Lander, Squiggy in ‘Laverne & Shirley,’ Dies at 73

david-lander-jpg.39610

Actor David Lander, best known as Squiggy on the ABC sitcom “Laverne & Shirley,” died Friday evening at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, his family confirmed to Variety. He was 73.

Lander died of complications related to multiple sclerosis, which he battled for 37 years. Since he went public with his diagnosis in 1999, Lander has worked closely with the National Multiple Sclerosis Society, speaking out about his experience at related conferences.

The actor was best known as Squiggy from “Laverne & Shirley,” which he starred in opposite Michael McKean, who portrayed Lenny. The characters were developed by the longtime friends and collaborators while they were students at Carnegie Mellon University.

On Saturday morning, McKean responded to the news by tweeting an old photo of him and Lander.

Born on June 22, 1947 in Brooklyn, N.Y., Lander had his eyes on acting from a young age, and attended the High School for the Performing Arts. After teaming up with McKean in college, the duo moved to Los Angeles, where they joined the comedy ensemble, The Credibility Gap.

Read more >>> https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/da...uGAPbcQkmDFho8vQ_i9IoL0c6z8Mc4HRQuJ0-ycR0J7R0

A funny guy..

I remember one skit. The girls were going on a cruise. The boys went on the ship to see them off.

The ship's loudspeaker announced that the ship was preparing to sail and that all non passengers needed to disembark immediately.

Squiggy starting barking. I, totally cracked up. :LOL:

Ross

Back
Top Bottom