RIP Stompin' Tom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, my Dad was a big fan and since Dad introduced me to hockey AND music, Stompin Tom became a favourite of mine too.

i've heard that song before but didn't know who sang it.

great pictures of some old time hockey greats.

There is something special about potatoes from P.E.I. For our foreign members P.E.I. = Prince Edward Island. It belongs to Canada and is on the East Coast of North America. It has a rustic beauty of its own. :angel:

I forgot about the Ketchup song, TL. Thanks for the memory!

Thanks, Addie for the plug for PEI potatoes! They are hard to beat. There is a commercial out right now with actual PEI potato farmers singing about....PEI potatoes.

Hmm, wonder if Stompin Tom wrote it :LOL:

Last edited:
I forgot about the Ketchup song, TL. Thanks for the memory!

Thanks, Addie for the plug for PEI potatoes! They are hard to beat. There is a commercial out right now with actual PEI potato farmers singing about....PEI potatoes.

Hmm, wonder if Stompin Tom wrote it :LOL:
I've been wondering that myself and Google has not given me any answer.

I found this song that wasn't familiar with and I'm really enjoying it. Lyrics are here: Stompin' Tom Connors - Gumboot Cloggeroo Lyrics

Stompin' Tom Connors, "Gumboot Cloggeroo" - YouTube

Yes, the lady that comes on stage and dances, part way through the song, really is K.D. Lang.

Last edited:
Certainly familiar with Stompin' Tom in this American household. (Well half American) :)
A Canadian Icon.....surely to be missed.

This was on Facebook today, https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...0275656640511.531443.740510510&type=1&theater

544313_10152648497595511_1910839603_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom