Rock Star - INXS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Z

Head Chef
Anybody watching this? I'm really enjoying it. For those who haven't seen it, it's a musical reality show where the winner will get to be the new lead singer for rock group INXS. Each week, the viewers vote for who they'd like to see move on in the competition and the bottom three vote getters perform in front of INXS and they pick which of those three go home.

In my opinion, they should just give the job to
Jordis Unga. She's awesome.
20050709_Episode_101B_1191.jpg

The ones that have left have deserved it. I think there are still about 9 of them left. I think they should get rid of half of them and just leave the competition to who clearly seem to be the top 4 (IMO of course).

Jordis -- Ty -- Marty - Mig
thumb_jordis.jpg
thumb_ty.jpg
thumb_marty.jpg
thumb_mig.jpg

I think you are right about the rest of them they all have reasons to be there ! I haven't decided who I would pick just yet, The minute you pick one they have a bad night!:ermm:

Some of them (Jordis, Ty) can have an off night and recover from it during the song, though. Some of them get off pitch or forget a line and the wheels fall off.

I don't really think you can replace Michael Hutchins. one of the girls at work went to high school with the guys from INXS here in Sydney (my desperate bid for fame)

I had no intention of watching it. I couldn't have told you the name of a single INXS song (I mainly listen to country, but I do like some of most types of music). We didn't see the first show, but we watched the second and I've been hooked ever since! Jordis is definitely good. I think Ty would be great on Broadway (I really love his voice). I have to admit, even though he is cocky and sometimes messes up (like choosing a song he isn't up to singing), I love J.D.'s voice. I didn't like what he did to "The Letter" though. Marty and Mig are good too. Crewsk, you missed a good one last week--they dumped 2 people at the same time.

:) Barbara

mrsmac said:
I don't really think you can replace Michael Hutchins.

The glory days for this band have, most certainly, passed. I agree that Michael cannot be replaced. The mistake some have made in this competition is to try to be like him. He was one of a kind.

I know there was some talk, years ago, of the band getting a female singer. At the time, discussion surrounded Suze DeMarchi (singer for the Aussie group 'Baby Animals'). I thought that would have been a really interesting fit and sound. I think Jordis has a similar voice to Suze but probably has greater range.

Oh, BY THE WAY... Please do yourself a favor and, if you haven't already seen it... CHECK OUT Jordis' performance video from this week's show. Wow.
(just scroll down and click 'Watch video' by her image... number 7).

Last edited:
Wow I haven't heard Suze Demarchis name in years,I wonder where she is? I think she would be fantastic actually now that I think about it. They actually did a few gigs with Jon Stevens (Noiseworks) as lead and he was pretty god but obviously they didn't want to keep him.

just came across this one

:whistlingI am a fan of this show.Anyone still watching it? I actualy seen them in concert back in 1988 or was it 87......... anyway, I like them all really, but think that Mig or JD would be the best fit for the band. I agree TY belongs on broadway and Jordis is very unique and she'll probably do great on her own, Marty too, he's just to heavy for INXS........Just MHO :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom