Ruth's Chris

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chava64

Assistant Cook
My beautiful boys and I dined at Ruth's Chris Saturday for dinner. I am wrecking my brain and palate trying to distinguish the ingredients for the sautéed wild mushrooms and cheese and garlic stuffed chicken breast. Does anyone have a clue? Lol

Oh thank you so much. I've already figured out the sautéed mushrooms and I must say I'm quite proud of myself. The chicken recipe, I'm working on!

Ruth's Chris Sauteed Mushrooms

Chava ,
Would you be willing to share your recipe for the sauteed mushrooms from Ruth's Chris?
Thanks,
RGB

Hello RGB, I hope you are well. I bought sliced baby portabellas and creminis as I could not find wild mushrooms. (Note, they are basically the same with the portabellas being a little more mature, some people are not aware). You can also use the button mushrooms. In a medium heated pan 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil, 2 tbs butter, toss in 2 8oz packs of mushrooms, liberally sprinkle a garlic and onion spice blend over the mushrooms, 2 tbs of a mushroom based soy sauce. Slowly toss and sautee mushrooms until they've reached your desired texture. RG, the garlic and onion spice blend I use is "The Gourmet Collection" Dangold. I think this makes the difference. I added about 2 tbsp of water. I hope it works as well for you as it did me. I look forward to your response!

Cheese filling for chicken

I have been entertaining much thought about Ruth's Chris cheese filling for the chicken recipe. It's not perfect but very close. I roasted elephant garlic until soft, 2 nice cloves, placed it in the food processor with 8oz ricotta cheese, 8oz philly cream cheese, 2 tbs of softened butter, finely chopped garlic chive and a tsp of garlic and onion spice blend (preferably the gourmet collection). It's not precise but pretty darn close. Measuring is hard for me as I do everything according to taste with the exception of cookie and cake recipes. For a little something Special and back to the chicken, use the cheese mixture with fresh baby organic spinach, pound a couple of boneless breast, stuff it with the cheese and spinach, roll it in bread crumbs or panco, use toothpicks to hold it together or a baking twine and put it in the oven at 350 for about 35-40 minutes. Muahs!

I have been entertaining much thought about Ruth's Chris cheese filling for the chicken recipe. It's not perfect but very close. I roasted elephant garlic until soft, 2 nice cloves, placed it in the food processor with 8oz ricotta cheese, 8oz philly cream cheese, 2 tbs of softened butter, finely chopped garlic chive and a tsp of garlic and onion spice blend (preferably the gourmet collection). It's not precise but pretty darn close. Measuring is hard for me as I do everything according to taste with the exception of cookie and cake recipes. For a little something Special and back to the chicken, use the cheese mixture with fresh baby organic spinach, pound a couple of boneless breast, stuff it with the cheese and spinach, roll it in bread crumbs or panco, use toothpicks to hold it together or a baking twine and put it in the oven at 350 for about 35-40 minutes. Muahs!

That sounds absolutely wonderful, Chava. Thanks for the recipe!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom