Sams Club Deal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Roll_Bones

Master Chef
Today on the View TV show I saw a deal for a Sam's Club membership.
$22.50 for a year membership.
Only new members. Its not available for renewal or current valid memberships.
I am a Costco member. But this deal I could not pass up.

Here is the link. https://viewyourdeal.com/

Thank you.. :)

We have been thinking of a membership.. We don't buy much bulk anymore but, sometimes we wish we had a membership.. 1/2 off seems a good deal..

Ross

Back about 10 years ago we would alternate memberships between Sam's Club and BJ's to go along with our yearly Costco membership.

Each of the others had one or two things to offer that were not available at Costco. Neither matched the overall value. We now just stick with Costco.

Back about 10 years ago we would alternate memberships between Sam's Club and BJ's to go along with our yearly Costco membership.

Each of the others had one or two things to offer that were not available at Costco. Neither matched the overall value. We now just stick with Costco.

I prefer Costco... None near us.. :neutral:

Ross

by mere coincidence.... we took a ride over to Costco today. it's a 30+ minute drive so it's not something we do very often. DW went in company with a friend a while back and decided we should join.... don't ask.

as empty nesters - pretty much 90% of what is offered is unsuitable by quantity.
another 8% is stuff we could buy in bulk, but Costco does not carry the 'brands' we prefer. not a snobby thing, I'm talking stuff like tp and cat litter.....

but we did find some 'oh yeah, buy that' things.
(farmed, sigh...) steelhead trout filet @ $8/lb
usda prime ribeye @ $17/lb
the Kirkland Italian imported evoo
stuff like that....

issues remain - for example the fish and the steak - have to be portioned and frozen. we cannot consume four ribeyes in one go . . .

one has to be very selective - but it can pay for itself.
for people feeding large armies, works great!

dcSaute, we are a small family too. Just SO and me. I have no problem buying a quantity of meat and freezing part of it. The quality of their meat is very good and the price is right.

We've been using their TP and paper towels for some time. I have found their Kirkland Signature brand to be very good quality.

dcSaute, we are a small family too. Just SO and me. I have no problem buying a quantity of meat and freezing part of it. The quality of their meat is very good and the price is right.

We've been using their TP and paper towels for some time. I have found their Kirkland Signature brand to be very good quality.

There's only two of us and we find it worthwhile shopping at Costco. I don't mind getting mayo in a 1.7 litre jar. I don't mind getting three bottles of capers at once or a giant bottle of Worcestershire sauce. I like their big bags of frozen stir fry vegis too. Lots of stuff that takes a bit of storage, but is well worth the savings. 12 jars of passata at once? No problem.

We used to buy the big pork loins and portion it for the freezer. We would get the trays of one inch tall cylinders of ground beef that they called "hamburger patties", but which were far too large for a hamburger. We just wrapped them individually and froze them. I don't remember how much each one weighed, but it was a nice amount for defrosting one, two, or even three at once, depending on what we wanted ground beef for. We didn't stop getting the meat because of any problem with the quality, it seemed fine. We just started buying locally sourced meat instead.

Back
Top Bottom