Saturday JEOPARDY

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Saturday JEOPARDY

THIS JUST IN !!!
Inflation has reared it's ugly head to the point where it's reached it's tentacles all the way to Saturday JEOPARDY !!

JEOPARDY- Term Coiners

1. ($400)- Enrico Fermi's name for this particle means "little neutral one" in Italian...
2. ($1200)- It's the name Sir Richard Owen gave to a "terrible Lizard"...
3. $2000)- Herbert Spencer, not Darwin, coined this four-word phrase to describe competition among group members...

Double JEOPARDY- Yesterday's Personalities
4. ($800)- This famous early twentieth century entertainer was hard to keep under lock and key...
5. ($2400)- He's the 1912 Olympian and professional athlete often called "The Greatest Athlete of All Time"...
6. ($4000) - Jerome Kern was inspired to write "Ol' Man River" for this African-American singer...

Final JEOPARDY - Conditions
It's a condition manifest by chest pain or discomfort that occurs when the heart does not get enough oxygen because of reduced blood flow to the heart. It is usually a symptom of coronary heart disease.
1. what id the neutrino ?
2. what is a dinosaur ?
3. what is "survival of the fittest ?
4. who is Harry Houdini ?
5. who is Jim Thorpe ?
6. who is Paul Robeson ?
7. what is Angina ?
TODAY IS GROUNDHOG DAY.
This celebration originated with German settlers of the 1700s, who brought “Candlemas Day” to America. According to tradition, if the sun shone on Candlemas Day, which came halfway between winter and spring, a badger would see its shadow—which meant six more weeks of winter. There were no badgers in Pennsylvania, so groundhogs, emerging from mid-winter hibernation, were accepted as a substitute.

WHAT DO YOU EXPECT? WHEN GROUNDHOGS PREDICT THE START OF SPRING, THEY’RE WRONG 72% OF THE TIME.

100%!! WOOHOO! $10,800!!! I didn't see a "Double Jeopardy" listing so I'm going with just $10,800. I'll expect that cheque later this week LT. ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom