Highlight between the brackets to see the "question"........
JEOPARDY- the Rockies
1. ($400)-This notable mountain, discovered by an American Lieutenant in 1806, and named for him ...
[what is Pike's Peak? ]
2. ($1200)- This annoying little critter carries Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever ...
[ what is a tick?]
3. ($2000)- In the USA, this imaginary geographical delineation generally follows the
crests of the Rockies...
[what is the Continental Divide? ]
Double JEOPARDY- Englishmen
4.($800)- John Dunstable was a fifteenth-century composer; John Constable was a
nineteenth-century one of these...
[what is an Artist (acceptable: landscape] painter) ]
5. ($2400)- In 1154, Catholic Nicholas Breakspear became the first and still the only
Englishman to become this ...
[what is pope? ]
6. ($4000)-As governor of New South Wales in 1806, he tried to suppress the "bountiful" rum
[who is William Bligh? ]
Final JEOPARDY- Quotations
This American patriot declared;
"Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery?"...
[who is Patrick Henry?]
"Still, a man hears what he wants to hear, and disregards the rest"...
- Simon & Garfunkle