Say it Ain't So

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I forgot, probably because I can't find any good pizza joints down here, cold pizza for breakfast. Not cold, but the box kept in a cold oven overnight.

hmmm :ermm: would that be a "cold" oven..... or an unlit oven? Overnight?
:angel:

Call in the food police :LOL:

out of the usual norm for breakfast: anything with protein......lentils, beans, pea soup, leftover meat dishes, pork chops, Asian food, miso soup with salmon, pizza

Salad stuff

crispy bagels spread with fat-free refried beans and a few shakes of tabasco

last but not least either saltines with butter or eaten with a crispy dill pickle

Where did you say Tony, the Tiger, went---he was just here???

Forgot pickle juice
vinegar
achovy paste

I like all of those two, as well as the liquid from canned mushrooms. I top it up with milk and add it to my mushroom soup, but I will drink it straight too.

I know I have very weird tastes!:ohmy:

Hey I love pickle juice too! I thought I was the only one! (if thats the name of some swingin' new drink then boy am I embarrased!):LOL:

SPAM, and the SPAM jello it comes packed with
Anchovys-it ain't even a pizza without em'! (see also "anchovy stuffed olives")
"Redline" energy drink-I know, I've read the reports on it. I will say this though, it works!! Hey, at 49 its hard to stay extreme!!
"Taco truck" tacos, tortas, etc. Here in Omaha in the ethnic parts of town there are "roach-coach" styled trucks that find a place to park and vend authentic mexican food right out the side. Even the menus are in Spanish!! Don't know whats in em'.....Don't want to know whats in em', but they is good!! I've been told that "Lenga" is tongue, so I do avoid that
And in the 7th grade I ate a "Gaines-burger" on a dare-Got a dollar for it (keep in mind that was 1972 money!)

I have mentioned this before, but I love hot baked beans on top of cold cottage cheese. I also like creamed peas on top of mashed potatoes, and I like creamed corn on top of Rice-a-Roni.

:)Barbara

Lime Jello with cottage cheese and pineapple chunks topped with mayo!
The goulash from my childhood, made with ground beef, onions, Campbell's tomato soup and elbow mac.
Herring in sour cream.
Baked bean sandwiches.
Dang! I don't have any of this stuff in the house and I want some!

Canned corn beef hash.

Ya gotta love canned corned beef hash. And then i made my own with real corned beef (from the brisket), and freshly cubed potatoes. The stuff is waaaaaay better. But I still love the canned stuff, and the Derby brand tamales in a jar.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

I like Campbell's pork and beans straight from the can along with a bologna sandwich made with white bread and ketchp. I like strawberry jam in my cottage cheese. I like mayo on my peanut butter sandwiches. I like spaghetti-o's.

Like Jabbur, I also like Pork n Beans right from the can.
Beef rice-a-roni and ground beef cooked together.
Ruffles potato chips dipped in salsa.
Fried spam or bologna sandwiches with mayo on one side and mustard on the other.
A tortilla spread with butter and blackberry jam and heated in the microwave.
Butter spread on saltine crackers.

Smoked oysters (canned) on a ritz with a slice of seriously sharp cheese, a japeleno slice and a dash of tobasco. Yum.

Oh man......are we forgetting the almighty ramen noodles? I like to beat up an egg and put it in mine. My other closet addiction is Vienna sausage. I could eat 10 cans a day. I love those things.

STOP! :ROFLMAO: You're making me hungry!

I love liver sausage sandwiches, but don't do them very often... on rye with mustard and mayo and lettuce. I have to have lettuce on sandwiches. some kind or other. I can do without the bread, but not without the lettuce. :rolleyes:

I can eat anchovy sandwiches. Love the salt. I would rather have them on pizza, but toasted baguette is just fine for a sub.

Sardines. Fresh is best, but I grew up eating them from the can, with all the olive oil, on white bread (with my dad for lunch on Saturday). I've never dissected them to see if there WERE any bones. :LOL:

Sardines! --- King Oscar or Crown Prince are my favorites, but most any will do..
I learned to eat them as small child along with Red Rind Hoop Cheese, Hot Sauce, Sometimes pepper sauce, and saltine crackers...

Oh, Souse (Hogs Head Cheese) used to be a favorite...It's hard to find a good brand now, Eaten along the same lines as sardines.....Yum!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom