Scariest movie?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kimbaby

Executive Chef
what is the scariest movie you ever seen,I just got done watching saw2 it was pretty edge of your seat movie... i love horror flicks I am a big ole jason nut... :stuart:

Jaws and the Exorcist
2.gif

Excorsist and The Ammitiville Horror. I can't look out a window at night, fearing that I'll see glowing red eyes!!! LOL

I forgot about Psycho. Scary for its time. How many people didn't want to shower after that one?!:LOL:

I wont watch the excorsist... don't like the concept....
I did like amityville horror...and psycho

Till today, I can't watch Jack Nicholson in the Shining. He scared me to death in that movie "Heeeere's Johnny".:eek:

Wasabi.... I agree!!! My stepmom took us to see it when it first came out.. and all these years later I still remember how darn scared I was during the whole thing. I loved it. There's a new version of "THE HILLS HAVE EYES" coming out soon. David and I will go see it for oldtimes sake. We used to love the slash em up and leave em to die films. No story lines...just gore and screams.

I liked the first Saw better than Saw 2--I think it had more true suspense. I didn't like Jack Nicholson's version of The Shining because I had read the book, and it was nothing like it (I read that Stephen King didn't like it for the same reasons, which is why they made the TV version). The TV version a few years ago was actually much closer to the book, and I really enjoyed it. I don't like slasher/gore movies--I prefer real suspense. I don't have a problem with blood and gore, if it goes along with a plot and isn't just there to shock. I liked Stephen King's Dream Catcher, 'Salem's Lot, Pet Semetary, and The Stand. I love just about all Alfred Hitchcock movies.

:) Barbara

Texas chainsaw massecre, exorcist, and anything Jason. Hubby says the fog the original version, and the grudge.

Barbara L said:
I love just about all Alfred Hitchcock movies.:) Barbara

I like all of Hitchcock's movies. He's one of the Masters of filmmaking/directing, IMO. Not into gore and blood. Go for the suspense and a plot, rather than - Why don't those people just get out of the house already! (Or the water.):LOL:

Last edited:
mish said:
Go for the suspense and a plot, rather than - Why don't those people just get out of the house already!:LOL:
Exactly! He played on our fears and emotions. He didn't hit us in the face with it--he worked on us from the inside out and used our own fears and insecurities against us! I know people who are scared of birds to this day! And Janet Leigh would never take a shower after making Psycho!

Barbara L said:
Exactly! He played on our fears and emotions. He didn't hit us in the face with it--he worked on us from the inside out and used our own fears and insecurities against us! I know people who are scared of birds to this day! And Janet Leigh would never take a shower after making Psycho!

Yep. The Birds creeped me out too :LOL: Read or heard he appears at least once/or once in each of his films. I'm always watching to catch a quick glimpse of him in all his films. If I recall, in one movie/scene he is sitting and reading a newspaper. In another he is getting on a bus. Favorites - Vertigo and Strangers On A Train. :)

Last edited:
mish said:
Yep. The Birds creeped me out too :LOL: Read or heard he appears at least once/or once in each of his films. I'm always watching to catch a quick glimpse of him in all his films. Favorites - Vertigo and Strangers On A Train. :)
Did you ever see Lifeboat? The entire movie took place on a lifeboat, so everyone was wondering how he would manage to be in the movie. He was the "Before" picture in a before and after ad for (I think) weight-loss! Vertigo and Strangers on a Train are two of my favorites too. I also loved Marnie, Rear Window, and North by Northwest.

The Ring (Japanese Version).

Scarier then the Naomi Watts remake, people warned me. So I watched it in broad daylight. At the scariest part, I let out a long spine-tingling scream. I've never done that even in a movie house before...

Back
Top Bottom