School again.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I did too. :( I took a course online over the summer, so it's like I never left. Double :(.

What did you go to school for?

I should hope for some education. School wasn't too bad. All the girls liked me. Its supposed to be the best time of your life. I can tell you, thats absolutely true!

When you finish school, you will find that life is much much harder ...

Yea, I know, this is just warming up for life. But the fact that it becomes harder doesn't mean it will be more or less enjoyable. I think I'll have more fun applying my skills in the real world.

Its supposed to be the best time of your life.
From someone's who has already seen 40, trust me - the best is yet to come.
I'd be so sad if that was my best time - now I look at my wonderful family and the things we've experienced- it just keeps getting better.

Best of luck to you in school, Gobo. Looks hard!

Ghetto - NICE! I am impressed! (when's lunch?) PS - if you want to learn a language, the best way is to vacation for a month, where you immerse yourself in the culture. And, it's just seems like a really neat thing to do.

Yea, I know, this is just warming up for life. But the fact that it becomes harder doesn't mean it will be more or less enjoyable. I think I'll have more fun applying my skills in the real world.

You'll find that much of the skills you've acquired at school will not be used in the real workd though. Anyway, good luck to you ....

You'll find that much of the skills you've acquired at school will not be used in the real workd though. Anyway, good luck to you ....

OK - this may or may not be true. Probably truer than not. What you gain from school is a knowledge base that makes one a more well-rounded person. And a college education is a MUST in the work force now.

You are right gobo - life being harder does not mean it will be less enjoyable. And these things are relative. What is hard now you will look back on and say...oh man, that was pretty easily relative to what is happening today.

You've got quite a schedule there! I've got faith in you - you keep up the good work!

Fall '08
ASL to English Interpretation I
English to ASL Interpretation I
Introduction to the Profession

I have 4 or 5 more classes after that to finish but likely won't be able to take them all in the spring. Some are not always offered every semester.

i'm looking to return to culinary school.
-kitchens
-hospitality law
-literature
-comp.

& linguine, an education is so worthwhile.

I didnt learn the value of a good education till 8 years out of high school.

but when you want to learn is when you will do your best.

but an education has always been important and always will be important.

the more you know the better off you are.

From someone's who has already seen 40, trust me - the best is yet to come.
I'd be so sad if that was my best time - now I look at my wonderful family and the things we've experienced- it just keeps getting better...
You are so right! I like to see how each part of my life is the best at the time, and it just keeps getting better! (However, I think anyone who tells teenagers that the teens are the best years should be shot on the spot!!! Ok, maybe not shot, but slapped good! LOL) Not that there aren't bad parts in each stage of life, but it's all in how you deal with it. One of the things I realized in college was how little I really knew (and I actually knew a fair amount going in). That is when I became more determined than ever to make sure I keep adding to my knowledge.

Good luck with school this year Gobo. I loved my Psychology classes, but I hated the little bit of statistics I had in my master's classes.

:)Barbara

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom