Screen names and Avatars

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
NAchef = My initial and the wifes initial Norm & Angie cause I thought she could post too but she doesnt, and the chef cause we wish we were. haha

Not sure if I have an avatar, I will check when I hit reply. :)

my name describes my wanderings far from the US---the avatar is one that I actually managed to download myself without help (don't anyone pass out) and cause I thought the image was artsy---still reminds me of a tulip----the saying is just plain truthful

I pulled the name Buck out of the air several years ago when I began writing my syndicated column "Guy Stuff by Buck." It just seemed like a good "guy" sounding name. The column is now in its eighth year and is syndicated in four weekly newspapers across the country. It's about stuff thats of interest to guys and is about half a bubble off level: stuff like how to teach your dog to play poker or how to conduct a proper "porch settin'" session.

My avatar is "Dozer", quite simply the fuzziest friendliest kitty I've ever had!

(Both DW Katie E and I are crazy about kitty cats).

B is the first initial of both my husband and my son. I just use pics of my kids for an avatar because I adore them and get great delight in seeing their picture as often as possible.

well, as for my screen name, hmmm, well, gee, ummmm, (I made it up?)

My avatar is a wonderful Bichon Frieze we babysat a few times. We both are dog lovers but can not have dogs until the goats leave. So this dog really was only briefly with us, but he was a lover..

my husband called me babe for forty years before he died. i tried it as a name on a game site . it was taken, so babe too (also) became babetoo. no avator as have no clue how to get one.

babe:LOL::LOL:

My nick is self explanatory ;) As for the avatar, I love cats , tho the current avatar is not of my cat. I did have my cat Snowy as an avatar for awhile.
LadyCook

My nick is self explanatory ;) As for the avatar, I love cats , tho the current avatar is not of my cat. I did have my cat Snowy as an avatar for awhile.
LadyCook

You were born in 61?
I know, I shouldn't ask ;)

I was born in 59

Mine is my beloved Airstream that I spend my most special times in with the very best of friends.

Mine is my nickname from school, followed by birthday and year born.

Ahh, and I pictured you as a hot shot fighter jet pilot with a crush on Kelly McGillis....oh, no that's Tom Cruise. :-p Silly me!

Mine is my first two initials, which is what I get called alot, and my last name which has a millian pronounciations! My avatar is 'cause I love my country.
:rolleyes:

Oops, Maverick, did I just let a pet name slip?

Last edited:
I didn't post an avatar as when I was a mod on another site, I found all the avatars used up my internet account too much cos I had a lot of uploading to do. (By not showing them I saved big $$.) So when I joined this site, I just didn't bother. As the uploading is no longer a problem, when I eventually unpack my digital camera that I got a couple of Christmasses ago, I might put up a photo of my cat(s) - if they sit still (facing front) long enough. Most of the photos I have of any of my cats indicate their views on photography!! ;-)

As to the moniker, as I was joining an overseas site, I wanted a name that was very much Australian, which a Bilby is - it is a native marsupial which we now use instead of the rabbit at Easter (Easter Bilbies). It didn't occur to me that people would assume I was male but when that did happen, I didn't worry about it cos I thought that was possibly a good thing!

Back
Top Bottom