Sending real cards by snail mail...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Interesting reading here! Thanks to all of you who have shared. :)

I just did a quick guesstimate, and I think I usually send out about 20 cards a year, including Christmas. I used to send out more Christmas cards back in the day, but over time those have dwindled for one reason or another. Much of it is because older family members I used to send them to are no longer here.

I agree with all who said people of all ages enjoy receiving cards. Facebook greetings, email, and phone calls are great, too - anything to acknowledge a loved one's special day.

I'm pretty much stuck sending cards to family members, especially. They're used to it, so I can't quit now or they would wonder what's up. :ohmy::ROFLMAO:

My family sends cards via snail mail still. Everyone sends birthdays, Christmas, and Easter cards, but my brother and eldest sister send cards for other holidays such as St. Patty's and other religious feast days, Halloween, and Thanksgiving.

The best part about birthday cards is everyone always includes a scratch off lottery inside. I won $28 last birthday.

Last edited:
My family sends cards via snail mail still. Everyone sends birthdays, Christmas, and Easter cards, but my brother and eldest sister send cards for other holidays such as St. Patty's and other religious feast days, Halloween, and Thanksgiving.

The best part about birthday cards is everyone always includes a scratch off lottery inside. I won $28 last birthday.

That's a fun idea for the adults, Bucky! My daughters would like that, as they rarely buy scratchers.

I tried doing the Halloween and Easter cards for the (6) grands for a year or two, but that got to be too much to keep up with...:ermm::LOL:

I sent out cards for Christmas and I always send a birthday card to my mom, her twin sister and my cousin. I also send one out to my friend even though I could walk it down to her - I think it makes it special when it comes in the mail.

Now that my grandmother is gone, I take a deep breath of relief. With her it was Christmas cards, birthday cards, Halloween cards, Easter cards, Thanksgiving cards - you name the holiday, she sent a card for it and got mad if anyone forgot to send a card back. I could go through a book of stamps on her alone.

We have 4 bills that cannot be paid online, so we mail checks or them each month. We also have some people that we mail birthday/Christmas cards to. They get a gift card in there also.

Thank you for replying, Cindy and RR! :)

Yeah...the tradition of sending cards by snail mail is changing. I'll keep sending them to what few elders I have left, and especially to my grandchildren.

I have a box of birthday cards with handwritten notes from my grandmothers, from as far back as when I was 8 years old. :ermm::LOL:

I remember as a kid mum getting Xmas cards from family and friends. She ran string from the ceiling to put the cards over. She always got over a hundred every year. We never carried it on.

Russ

I still do send out Sympathy Cards and Thank You notes for gifts.

I think American Greetings and Hallmark Cards are on their last leg.

I still do send out Sympathy Cards and Thank You notes for gifts.

I think American Greetings and Hallmark Cards are on their last

leg.

I think you're right Addie. They are so terribly overpriced at any store except dollar stores or the like. They've had their wings clipped to be sure.

I had to chuckle with your intended pun. ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom