September 11

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsLMB

Executive Chef
img_1185157_0_8406b0dadbd2575321341989f43956e6.jpg

Unbelievable that it's been 11 years. I remember it like it was yesterday.

We were outside the bank when I turned on the radio and heard that "something" had hit the WTC, we ditched our plans for the day and went home and turned on the TV. We got sat down just in time to see the second tower get hit live. We spent the whole day in and out of the house and the mall, wanting to be by ourselves, but also needing other people.

Unbelievable that it's been 11 years. I remember it like it was yesterday.

Certainly. Was talking about it with some friends today. It's is amazing how the impact of that day has resonated through, and how it's effects impact daily life today, in so many ways.

RIP to those lost, and my thoughts and prayers go out to the families effected/survivors, and first responders.

I hope that one day, we can function, and work together as Humans, undefined by race, creed, color or religion. If all the energy that is put into hate, could be put into something useful for humanity, imagine what we could accomplish.

security is tight in the city tonight.

a few minutes ago, some dumbass tried to cross the lower level of the gw bridge (affectionately known around here as the martha washington) in a u-haul box truck while towing a car on a trailer.

the port authority cops that had the truck surrounded didn't look too happy.

the skyline of the city is particularly beautiful tonight as it's really crisp and clear out. just like 11 years ago.

you know, a lot of people say we should never forget. i know that i couldn't even if i tried. the anger still burns deeply.

Last edited:
It sure is hard to believe it's been 11 years. :( I remember like it was yesterday, too - I live in a small town but it's adjacent to a huge military installation, which our town is pretty much dependant upon for survival. I was the director for a child development center at the time and by the time I got into work at 7:45 most of the parents had already picked their children back up. It was one of the rare mornings I didn't turn on the news as I was getting ready for work. There are 2 schools on the base, so many parents couldn't get to their kids for hours and were in panic mode.

We won't forget!! God bless America. :angel:

We had been married for just 11 days. I was up early and a friend called and said to turn on the TV. I did so just as the second plane hit the WTC. I was horrified at what I had just witnessed but it didn't really sink in. I cried out and my hubby woke up. We just sat there holding each other in disbelief, not being able to take our eyes off the screen but wanting to at the same time.

Every year I have tried to do something nice for someone, preferably anonymously. It is also my MIL's birthday.

Our parents had Pearl Harbor, we have 911, I hope our children can have peace.

A good day to reflect on what is important in our lives.

Today is also my niece's birthday. She turns 28 today. I was working in a doctor's office that day. We were getting things ready for the first patients when one of the docs arrived telling us about the first plane. He heard it on the radio. By the time we knew what was happening, we were filling up with patients. Some cancelled their appointments but not many. We live in an area surrounded by military installations. We have Army, Navy. Air Force and Coast Guard all here with Marines on each. Talk about a shut down. One of our patient's dad was active duty Army who had taken the morning off to come to his baby's check up. He got a call telling him to stay home because the base was on lock down - no one in or out. It was quite scary.

My sister and I had gone to our mother's for the weekend and were having breakfast when another sister called and told us to turn on the tv that something awful had happened. We did just in time to see the second tower hit. Shortly after, we decided we'd better cut our trip short and head for home since we had no idea what on earth was ahead.

So many of us saw that second tower get hit live. I think that is what shocked me the most....that it was happening before our very eyes. It was surreal and yet you knew it was very real.

I am feeling a bit down in the dumps today. My mom would have been 75 today. She passed 7 days after her 68th bithday.

The grounds of our local city hall today. Makes me teary eyed.

Attachments

• 339768_359415060809926_1744774577_o.jpg
    339768_359415060809926_1744774577_o.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 149
We will never forget the Terrible events of 9/11. It is sad that there is such evil in the world. God bless America.

The fly boys have been out in full force tonight - anyone else who is near a military installation noticing that? :ohmy:

Part of me still can't wrap my head around the fact, it is NOW OVER A DECADE. . . it's seems like yesterday, in some regards. . . just crazy.

Back
Top Bottom