Sex offenders registry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amber

Executive Chef
Not to alarm anyone, but this is a good link. Most of you in the U.S. have probably heard of John Walsh (America's most Wanted), well this is a site by him. Anyway, if you enter your address ( I just entered my street, not my house number), it will then show you a little icon of your house, and green and red dots in your area which represents predators near you. When you click on the dots, it will show you a picture of the predator and you can also click on that person's offenses and a map of where they live in proximity to you.

Creepy, but good to know. Oh, it also lists where the person works. There are plenty of them near me :ohmy:

http://www.familywatchdog.us/

Thank you, Amber! According to this map, I have no sickos living near me. But I know many of them don't register their home address.:mad:

I did the same as JoAnn and sent it to both daughters. Even checked out the areas around both of them.

wasabi said:
Thank you, Amber! According to this map, I have no sickos living near me. But I know many of them don't register their home address.:mad:

They are required to register. On Halloween our police knocked on every registered offender's door to make sure they were there and in a nearby town every one of them was required to attend a meeting during the hours of 5-9.

Oh my goodness. I am horrified as to what came up around me.
Alot of sexual imposition and battery. One living within a half a
mile of my son's school !!!

We never get information about Sex Offenders on our block. Maybe I should call the Police Department and ask about this.

Thanks Amber for the link.

Thank you, Amber. I hadn't seen this one. Some part of Florida government sends one similar to us. If a predator moves, we get an alert, etc. I will certainly look this one over too.

These registries are so important. We learned recently that a sex offender lives just down the street (across from a school, of course). Even if we don't have children, we're doing a community service to keep our eyes open. Thanks, Amber.

Back
Top Bottom