Sheba left us tonight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

texasgirl

Master Chef
Sheba finally decided that she has had enough on this earth.
She was 17 years old!!!
She was a good dog and smart as heck. I'm sad she went, but, happy that she is no longer in pain. She had gotten where she couldn't walk anymore and I was taking her Friday to have her put down.
I'm just happy have had a dog like her!!
Goodbye Sheba! All dogs go to heaven, right? Now she can go run like she used to when she was young!!
I'm really not too upset. She lived a long and spoiled life with us, as the rest of them will also. Her life span was suppose to be 13-15, so, she pulled 2 more years out.:)
img_624838_0_bcf55585508e883d8bc3eeb7a26f1324.jpg

Awww Stacy, I'm so sorry your girl is gone. She was a greyhound, right? I had one too that was the sweetest thing. And yep, I'm sure she's in heaven.

I am so sorry TG. It is never easy to lose a loved one no matter what. I will raise my glass to Sheba tonight.

She's a whippet mix. That dog could run a blue streak!!:)
Then she's in good company, I'll bet my dad, my Maxie boy and Miss Maggie were right there waiting for her..
I know it hurts, but you gave her the very best..
kades

Thank you guys!! She did have a good life, though, spoiled rotten. and let me tell you, she had 17 years of eating chocolate too. I know it's suppose to be bad, but, it wasn't for her. Maybe that was the reason for her living an extra 2 years, lol.
I know, she is better where she is and I am really better than I thought I would be. I guess because I knew she was going down so quickly. By this morning, she could barely walk without help. I'm just glad that she finally let go. I couldn't stand to see her suffer until Friday.

Stacy - what a wonderful unselfish way of looking at it!

***raising my glass***

Sheba - you run, girl! You run fast!

Sorry to hear about Sheba, but you're right, she's in a much better place without any pain!

Beautiful girl she was, Stacy!

Good that she went when she was ready instead of you having to take her to the vet.

I get so WEEPY when I read sad stuff about DC friends' pets!

Take care, Stacy.

Lee

Sheba

What a beautiful name! Good to accept it the way you do texasgirl. I felt the same way when my diabetic girls left. Only 6 months apart but each one was having individual trouble. I still don't know if I did right with the one who was dragging her back legs. I see some on tv that do t hat and the owners still keep them. It bothered me to see her try to run after squirrel and drag those back legs. At the end, she still acted so happy and didn't know why she was going to the vet. I question my actions sometimes after the fact. The other girl, just laid down on the vet's table and seemed worn out, I knew she wanted relief but the other one was kind of like a child, did not even yell when you stepped on her foot. It bothered me but she didn't yell. What good dogs! One thing, can't take my memories from me. As you said, Sheba in a better place and will probably be waiting at the gate for you. Boy, that is hard one to think about the absence but your memories no one can take those away.

You are strong girl, and like you said she was spoiled with love. What more could she want? Nothing. Dogs accept things much better than most people do. So true.

Please accept my sympathy texas. I always have counted on you as a dog lover. They are the best.

I am physically pounding my chest to keep tears away.
I don't know what to say.
I miss my babies no matter how long/short, fur or feather.

It's never long enough.

Bless your baby.​

Surely there are furangels who look out for our pets---I bet Sheba is one of them......you were so lucky........it's hard to cry too hard when you know that they've lived a good life.......kudos to Sheba's great care on your part........that's all they really ask for isn't it? A warm bed, a square meal, plenty of water, and lots of cuddles.......yep, I think that you filled the bill, Stacy........no regrets, right? Sorry, just the same...........

She's gorgeous! My heart goes out to you and I'm glad you feel at peace. It's so hard to put a pet down. I'm glad she made that decison and beat you to it. RIP Sheba.

My heart is heavy..... Love to Sheba, beloved family member... such a sweet pup! I'm sooooooo sorry Texasgirl... my heart goest out to you sweetie!

Back
Top Bottom