Shower Doors or Shower Curtain

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When it comes to actually keeping the shower clean, I've been using Clean Shower for about 6 or 7 years. I haven't had to clean my shower since I began using the product. Really. Before using it, I'd tried just about everything there was on the market or came on the market with unsatisfactory results.

I simply spray the walls and faucets after each shower. So does Buck. However, if there are more than two people in your home who will use the shower, the education process may be more difficult and take a bit longer.

If you are a "hands on" shower cleaner, you can keep the water from running down your arms while you clean the shower by putting a pair of terrycloth sweatbands on your wrists. I used to do that. Now I don't have to. But, there it is for what it's worth.

The new tub and walls will be anti-mildew. I never had mold around the chrome until a couple years ago. My son showers at night and I shower in the morning, and I don't have time to clean the shower after I take mine. Is Clean Shower something you just spray on (and leave on) and it prevents "gunk" from forming?

Vegas Girl said:
Is Clean Shower something you just spray on (and leave on) and it prevents "gunk" from forming?
After leaving the shower, just spray it on the areas you want to treat and leave it. No rinsing. Nothing else to do. There's no sign of it or any "gunk" after you use it. I also don't detect any smell/aroma/fragrance either in case you're wondering.

A bottle, I think it's about 32 ounces, lasts us quite a while. If you only want to spray the fixtures, etc., it probably will last you quite a while longer. I buy it at Wal-Mart and it's about $2.37. Small price to pay to not have to scrub IMO.

By "gunk" I meant no scum or mold forms....and it sounds like it won't with that stuff. That's a very reasonable price. I'll be sure to buy it. Thanks.

Just had a thought. If you have the option, why not opt to install your shower without doors. Try using a shower curtain for a while and then if you don't care for it, add the doors at a later time.

Perhaps by then, you could find some that will be less expensive or even save money toward the expense while you're trying the curtain route. If it turns out that you like the curtain plan, you will end up with some extra money for something else.

My wife and I prefer curtains.. We just throw the Curtain liner away and get a new one ever 6 months or so.. We had glass doors that were almost impossible to keep clean and nice.

Just my 2 cents..
-Brad

candelbc said:
My wife and I prefer curtains.. We just throw the Curtain liner away and get a new one ever 6 months or so.. We had glass doors that were almost impossible to keep clean and nice.
That's the thing: both solutions are fine if handled properly, and both are gross if not handled properly. The question is how much time you want to spend keeping them looking nice and fresh and pretty?

A nice clear trackless tempered glass door is incredibly elegant, but IF and ONLY IF it's sparkling clean. If that wax idea works, great. If not, after every single shower (how many showering souls in your family?) you have to wipe the entire area dry to prevent water spots. The thrill of that should wear off real quick!

At least with a curtain water spots aren't an issue and the after-shower routine is basically just shake it a bit and stretch it out on the rod to dry. If you have the type with a liner, you can replace the liner every couple of months or as frequently as it grosses you out because they're dirt cheap. If you have the single fabric type of curtain, you just wash them and they're fresh and clean again. What could be easier?

Plus, something that may not apply to you in the States, we have bathrooms tiled from floor to ceiling all around, so the fabric of a curtain adds a much-needed bit of softness into the room.

shpj4 said:
When they were installed the man said to get a can of wax and put it on both sides of the shower doors and once you see the coating then wipe it off with a soft cloth. Now the water comes off so easy and cleaning them is a breeze.
I wonder if using RainX would work as well. I bet it would.

If not, after every single shower (how many showering souls in your family?) you have to wipe the entire area dry to prevent water spots.

I have one of those squeeqie deals that hangs on the inside. A few swipes with that, and all is good. Anyone who takes a shower in our bathroom must squeeqie when finished.

I much prefer the clean look of a nice shower door to curtains.

Back
Top Bottom