Sierra Cook Will Be Offline for Awhile

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You all are so kind!!

Here I am. All safe and sound. I did not go to the Angora Fire, which is on the Lake Tahoe Basin Management Unit. I work on the Tahoe National Forest. But several of the Tahoe employees went down there to assist the "Basin" as we call them. We also had a small fire on my district which only burned 50 acres. Thank heaven. But it almost burned down one of our fire lookout towers that we just spent 2 years restoring to it's original condition.

Unfortunately, a really good friend, colleague, and an college alumnus of mine lost his house in the Angora (Tahoe) Fire. I was so upset about this on Tuesday that I could hardly eat. He called me on late Tuesday night and it felt so good to hear from him.

Thanks for all your kind thoughts. Take care and many hugs, SC :)

So good to hear from you SC. I'm sorry to hear about your friend's house - but glad your friend is OK. Hugs to you my friend.

Things are much better in the Tahoe area. The residents of South shore have been allowed to return to their homes, if they have one standing. As of yesterday the fire was 80% contained. The cause of the fire was an abandoned campfire. If I was the person that left that fire not properly extinquished I would feel mighty small. So, a word of advice while you are enjoying our great outdoors this summer make sure that you handle fire carefully and in the proper manner. Also, be careful this 4th of July week with fireworks.

Thanks again for all the kind words. Hugs from SC, your resident representative and coworker of Smokey Bear.

thanks, sierra the cook.

lol, that's how i remember now that it's smokey bear, not smokey the bear. 'cause it not sierra "the" cook. just our sc.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom