Sleep over in hospital

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

attie

Sous Chef
I had a sleep over in hospital last night to check my sleeping habits, but it wasn't much fun.
The nurses stuck 10 [I think] wires to my head, 2 to my jaw, 2 to my neck, a microphone to my throat, 1 wire to my shoulder, 1 to my chest, 1 to each leg, a strap around my chest, a strap around my waist, a thingy at my mouth to check the air flow, tubes up my nose and last but not least, a clip on my finger to ???? :dry:---- and they had the hide to say "have a good night" when they were leaving :mad:

All connected to this thingy on the wall which gave me just enough room roll over. The AC was set so cold that I had to call the nurse three times during to night to disconnect me so's I could go to the toilet.

By 4.30am I'd had enough of this so got the nurse to disconnect me. "Did you have a good night" she asked "You've gotta be kidding" I said "I'm going home for a decent sleep" - which I did :)

So it cost me $250 for a dreadful sleep and a news paper --- I wonder what the results will show--probably that I'm about to kark it. :wacko:

Was that a test for sleep apnea? If so, don't take it lightly. A friend of mine that I used to work with passed away earlier this year, in his sleep, apparently from sleep apnea. What's scary is that he was the same age I am.

:) Why were they testing you? I don't know how anyone could get a decent nights sleep hooked up like you were plus the fact that you knew they were monitoring you.

Was that a test for sleep apnea? If so, don't take it lightly. A friend of mine that I used to work with passed away earlier this year, in his sleep, apparently from sleep apnea. What's scary is that he was the same age I am.

Yes it was Allen, however, the poor sleeping habits run in my side of the family and non have this disorder, we just don't sleep much. Having said that, passing away in my sleep is a preferred way for me to depart.

Yes it was Allen, however, the poor sleeping habits run in my side of the family and non have this disorder, we just don't sleep much. Having said that, passing away in my sleep is a preferred way for me to depart.
:) I have used Melatonin for years to sleep once it builds up in your system you need less and less its natural and something our body makes but as we age our bodies make less and less.

Gday Mate I have went through the same procedure and lived to tell about it.
Come to find out I have sleep Apnea and now I wear a mask hooked up to a machine which pumps air into my lungs as I sleep and it is bloody hard to get used to but it does help to get a good nights sleep. Now I can not get to sleep with out my mask
"" a adult pacifier " Just kidding.

Back
Top Bottom