Slow or Fast Eater?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BigAL

Sous Chef
Just wonder'n. Got any stories? I'm slow, too slow. 1/2 a sammich and maybe 1/2 the onion rings when everyone else is done(ie. Applebee's).

Are you first? Last? Avg?

Tired of be'n rushed? Tired of wait'n?

Just curious.

I'm usually the last one finished. I don't think I eat particularly slowly. I think most people just eat too fast.

:)Barbara

I am slow, maily because I have to take meds that cause me to feel full, They neutralize the protien I have to take in per meal. So while family sit and ttwiddle I'm still forcing down my meal.
kades

I think most members of my family eat too fast. When we eat out, dh is finished so far ahead of me, but I think he does that so he can eat some of my food. They usually give me too much anyway.

i tend to eat quickly when i'm alone, especially at home. usually there's no time, so i just wolf down whatever's in front of me.

but i slow down a lot when i eat with family or friends, especially when dining out. i guess it's an attempt to enjoy the food and company.

my Lord, i'm so slow while dining on my food-
that's me, though, i adore my food, yet i wanna appreciate my dinner, rather that eat so quickly that my stomach is so queasy that i gripe for most of the evening. (JAKE:dry:).
i'm a born slow-poke. in many, many ways. that's me.
at school, my recent Chef would glance @ the clock after presentation, allot us a few for dining on the foods we'd cooked before cleaning the classroom, then get so embittered when i took a portion i, myself, as a 29-year-old adult, saw as fit for me, rather than taking half the dagnabbin platter of food.

I eat wayyyyyyy toooo fast. I did not use to eat fast, but rarely have time to eat anything at my job. It is such a hard habit to break.

~Kathleen

Used to be a very fast eater. My husband is even faster than I am. When we were young, we'd actually sit down to a special dinner (be it home-prepared or at a special restaurant) and tell each other to s-l-o-w d-o-w-m. Hubby says it is the military background. Nowadays (many many moons after the military) I actually find myself with a pile of food on my plate when we're at a restaurant when everyone else is through ... usually because I've been busy sipping and conversing with friends. Much different lifestyle.

I'm a fast eater, mainly due to my job. I work the nightshift in the ER of our Hospital, and it's hard to eat slow when you never know when the next trauma patient is going to come in. So on my days off when I'm visiting my sister I try to slow down when we go out to eat, but invariably I'm done way before she gets well and truly started. I'll take a bite set down my fork and chew slowly (or at least attempt to chew slowly), but I always finish way ahead of her.:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom