Snow - Happy night

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Katie H

Site Moderator
Staff member
I live in the Heartland of the United States
I know this will not make some of you happy but, finally, we're having some snow. Buck and I love it and it's coming down light and fluffy. Probably won't last long, but it's beautiful and everything is so quiet. It makes the world so tame and loving. At least for the few hours it's here, we're treated to some lovely peace. I LOVE snow!!! We're snug inside and our outside kitties are cuddled up peacefully together in their 75-watt lighted box. Life is good!! Let it snow!

Katie E. We're supposed to wake up to snow in the morning - which will be beautiful. I love snow too! Peaceful is a good word. Then it will turn to freezing rain, freezing pellets, ice, and we are in the I-40 corridor as they call it that will probably lose power! I just hope it's not for 5 days again. But even then I will enjoy it - dangit! :rolleyes:

We have snow here too--not my cup of tea. A good day to stay in bed with a good book.

I lived for 5 long years away up in northernmost Minnesota, and I got enough winter there to last me for the rest of my life.

We got about 2", just enough to look pretty, without making it hard to get around. The snow covered branches in the woods behind the house are loaded cardinals, chickadees, titmice, nuthatches and winter wrens, all waiting their turn at the birdfeeder.

i with you k.t.e..

we've had a few shpritzes, just light coverage for half a day until it melts. can't wait for a good dumping.
i bought a large plastic runner sled last winter to take my boy out for a run or two. he loves speed (which freaks his mom out :cool: ), so i think i'll get him a helmet and we'll hit the big hills.

{[,{[[{~`~doing snow dance~`~{}[][}[

We got more snow last night (OK, all day yesterday) too. It wasn't that lovely soft snowfall Katie is talking about though. (I love that kind of snowfall too Katie, makes me feel all is well in the world) We had the kind where the wind blows all day long and drifts pile up everywhere. Its not as bad as I expected though. It was the dry kind of snow so its not too tough to drive through.

I must say, this is the most snow we have had here in about 5 years though. Sheesh. ENOUGH already. DampCharcoal, I'm sending it down your way now.

It is snowing right now in Hampton Roads. I don't mind it that much, being a Bermuda native, I never had experience with it, so I get a little giddy seeing it.

I just moved from CT to VA and I don't miss the snow at all!! I don't mind the little bit that we got today but I am just glad that it melts the next day!! That is the reason we moved here...up in CT it lasts for months!!! It seems like it never gets cold enough for the ground to freeze which is fine by me!!!!

ENOUGH already. DampCharcoal, I'm sending it down your way now.

Alix you better not. It'll hit me first !!!!!

I want some of your snow too! It was supposed to snow here last night. There were salt trucks all over the place. But, we didn't get any at all. The kids are so upset. Well,most of the adults I know are too. We haven't had any snow in 2 or 3 years, so we would love to see some.

It is pretty when it comes down...I'll give you that. And that's all. I can't stand the cold and the mess and the slick roads, and the people who won't give themselves an extra moment because of the slick roads. I would be fine never to see another plow or salt truck, or to try to wash all that yuck off the vehicle, or off your clothes or jackets or gloves. Then that pretty stuff gets all dirty and icky, and sits in giant mountains in parking lots for months on end. Oh, I haven't even touched on ice. There's a real hoot, when you fall on your rear because you didn't see it, or when the sidewalk salt gets into the pads of the poor dog's feet and makes them cry, or when it gets so heavy it breaks your tree limbs off and kills your trees. Then there's the cold...when the weatherman says that exposed skin is likely to freeze in so many seconds or minutes, and after years of being exposed to it and probably having been frostbitten to a degree, my fingers hurt almost instantly. Please, take my winter too!

BC

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom