So Im off to my sisters wedding...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lugaru

Sous Chef
Im about to take a cab to the airport so I can end up in Minneapolis at my sisters wedding... I really cant wait. This will be the first time I see my sister and mother in about 4 years. Also my sister is a chef who is marrying a chef so you know there will be some good eats!

-J

Watch this space for some updates! :mrgreen:

congrats to the bride and groom lugaru!

wow, 4 years! you must be really psyched to see your mom and sis. good luck, and safe travels...

Wishing you a safe and happy trip, Lugaru. Please include pics in your update. Aloha for now....wasabi

i hope you have a nice time, lugaru.
sounds like the food will be excellent!
congrats and travel safe!

Man, you people get up too early, or stay up too late LOL

Have a wonderful time Lugaru!! I don't think I could handle being away that long. But, I think it would be nice sometimes!! We're all here within 150 miles of each other and eveyone knows everything about each other.
Stay safe!!
Let us know what a great time you had.

Congrats to your sister and her husband to be and you and your family!!! I hope you have a great time at the wedding and seeing your family after so long.

I can't wait to hear about the food!!!

Have a really wonderful time.
Can't wait to hear about the wedding, the food, and all the good times!

By now he should be at his sister's scarfing up the good eats. Bet he burps all the way home. :LOL: :LOL:

Hope you have a wonderful time.

Sounds like a great time, Lugaru! I can't imagine not seeing my family for so long...a chef marrying a chef? Hmmmm...that could be very interesting! Be safe.

Well I got home around 4 am today and I have to admit I am in a terrible mood... the wedding and day's leading up to it were great but today has been terrible including lost luggage, an IRS letter (for something unexpected) and my cell phone is giving me major problems.

Now on to the good news: The trip was amazing. I had not seen my mom or sister in 4 years so we had a lot to talk about. Also the trip was marked by many cool coincidences... the most important being that I gave my sister a collected tome of 1968 Gourmete magazine issues... turns out it was the only one she was missing for her collection.

As for food we went to a few "on the cheap" places since none of us were expecting to spend too much including a very nice pho shop where I tried the vietnamese meat pie with my broken rice and it was like a really nice meatloaf.

The highlight (even moreso than the wedding) was going to the restaurant where Allan (the then fiancee now husband of my sister) works as a head chef (Big Buck). It's a game house which has a particularly un-gamey menu at the moment (we are between seasons and the suburbs people seem to prefer beef and chicken over veal and quail). Anyway's our meals were great but the chef decided to throw us each a free plate with a seared scallop, a sweet corn filled zuccini flower and some nice chili olio sauces to tie it together. The wedding was great too... they held it at a very attractive methodist church (it seemed like the common ground between catholic and baptist). Then the reception was at a nice cafe in Minneapolis called "dry dock" were we had BBQ roast chickens and slightly higher end versions of potato salad, quesadillas, pasta salad and kabobs.

Welcome back!!
I'm glad you had a nice time.

Sorry about the luggage and the IRS. What a pain!!!

That's great that you got the year that she was missing, unbelievable. It's amazing when things like that happen.
Glad your back Lugaru and that you had a wonderful time.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom