So Many Changes!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was wondering about you today Cat. Sorry to hear about DA's health decline. You have been a wonderful caretaker to her, it's just that her memory is slipping even more with her worsening condition. If I were old and frail, I would be honored to have you as a companion.

Hopefully with Laki and her Mom moving in and your upcoming wedding with Carl those changes ahead will stabilize your life. You've dealt with much change in the short time you've been here. From what you have shared with us you see to be a very strong young woman with a level head.

And your GPA dropped to 3.7? :ohmy: That's still plenty high for dean's list, and much better than most students. If you were my daughter, I would be very proud of you keeping your GPA that high with all the stress you've had to deal with lately.

Oh dear Cat, so much for one young woman to deal with. You know of course that DA was just confused because of her rapid health decline. She loves you very much and she knows you are a good girl :). I think you have been the best companion for DA, you have enriched her life and made her happy. So many elderly folks are lonely and do not have a happy life. You were able to make sure your DA was happy.
Now you have a new adventure to look forward to, sharing your home with friends, finishing school and getting married! We are all here in your corner, cheering you on!

Love you, ~Cat! Take the time you need to get settled, we'll be here for you when you need us. Lots of Hugs!

Cat, the care of DA in her final days was laid on your shoulders. You have done a magnificent job in caring for her. You have nothing to apologize for.

You have made some very wise decisions this past week. You won't be alone in the lovely home DA left you. You are a most fortunate young lady. And I am sure Mamma Cat and Papa are very proud of you. Just as all of us here at DC are.

Seeing a loved one's mental health deteriorate is hard to watch. But you gave your very best care you had in you. DA is going to have her wish granted. She has returned home to her homeland that she knew as a child. Be happy for her.

Take your time adjusting to your new life. And remember we are here. :angel:

I don't know what to say! I love all of you, and thank you so very, very much for everything all of you have done for me!

I did do my very best, I swear, I did. I spoke to DA and she is happy to be home! She also said I did a wonderful job, but she is becoming forgetful of things too. She is now where she wants to be, and I am truly happy for her.

So many times I wanted to come here and look at Beth's house, and to keep up on your news but I couldn't. Poor DA, it isn't her fault and I tried to cope until I saw dangerous signs and I just called my parents right away without coming here for help first.

I hope all of you will forgive me for this. I do feel, had I come here, all of you would be strongly telling me to call Mamma. So I saved us some posting time, yes?

I am fortunate, and I will have my friends here. My life will be changing yet again soon and sometimes time happens so fast my head spins of it.

I have learned something very, very importantly. I became nervous and worried of DA and my life here at home. When life at home is not happy and there are troublesome issues here, I can't be at my best in anything else. The home life MUST be happy and everyone must be happy for to succeed outside of the home.

I am bringing this lesson into my marriage. I have spoken to Carl of this, and he has agreed. He promised me our home will be our small place of heaven, our retreat, and our sanctuary, and we shall strive for to do this. And so I promised him also.

I also tried to make him promise me as we got older, if I ever became like DA he would put me away in a nursing home. He wouldn't promise. He said we will speak of that when the time comes.

Mamma wants to return here until July. Papa's sister is caring for DA and Mamma wants to be with me. She said I could decide if I need her here or not and to think about it.

I will call her tomorrow. Carl and I spoke of this, so yes, I will ask her to come back until July. He loves her and also his mother will be able to visit here with Mamma before we all go to Romania. I think this is a good idea for everyone to know each other, yes?

Uck, so much, so much. I thank you all! DA is happy now and I am beginning to relax. I think I may be able to be all right very soon, and once again back to myself.

I did my best, and she is happy now, so now it is all right, yes?

With so much love to all of you,
~Cat

You did a fantastic job, ~Cat! DA was very lucky to have you and in her heart (where it counts) she knows you did everything you could for her.

Time to relax and study for finals.

Oh I thank you both!

Yes, I am studying hard, and trying to grow up. Finals are a booger but they must be done well.

No one ever said life is easy, yes? I have learned so many lessons!

And I am sure I have many more to learn, yes?

Thank you!

With love,
~Cat

Cat, I am proud of you. You did very well.

Having looked after my father in his last years, I had to watch him deteriorate like you have with DA. It is very hard. You made the right decisions and both you and DA are in a better situation.

You are very wise about your marriage. It took TB and I many years to realize some of those things.

Cat, I am proud of you. You did very well.

Having looked after my father in his last years, I had to watch him deteriorate like you have with DA. It is very hard. You made the right decisions and both you and DA are in a better situation.

You are very wise about your marriage. It took TB and I many years to realize some of those things.

Oh my! I thank you so very much!

With love,
~Cat

Too bad TBL didn't live nearby you. I know she would love to make your wedding cake. And it would be made with the love of all of us here at DC.

We are looking forward to your next adventure. Getting Catrina II on her way. That will be such an exciting time for you and Carl. He will see you at your very happiest. After that will come your next adventure of your wedding.

You did a fantastic job caring for DA ever since the day you arrived in her home. She couldn't have gotten better care if she had a professional member of the medical field caring for her. In later years you will look back at this time in your life with fond memories.

Start practicing your skills as a journalist writer and consider putting in book form your story about you and DA. :angel:

I thank all of you so very much! I may do this, Addie.

Laki and Mamma Belle are all moved in and I am very happy! The days when I was alone here were awful, I was terribly lonely. Carl and Laki would visit but they left, and this house was so lonely, as if it cried for life within its walls. I cried myself to sleep sometimes.

But now our home is full of fun and love again! Mamma Belle is a wonderful cook! She can save money now and not to worry of a mean landlord. There are no rats or bugs, and she feels as if in a palace. She is a cleaning and cooking zombie here, taking care of all DA's beautiful furniture and everything I was given.

I must tell something very funny. Sometimes Mamma Belle has to use her motor wheelchair when she hurts badly. One day, she was in her motor wheelchair and needed to use the bathroom on the main floor. My cat Misty likes to ride on the Roombas, and so as Mamma Belle was turning her chair to enter the bathroom, Misty on the Roomba went in front of her. Mamma Belle yelled, "What the ******** is THAT!!"

She had never seen a cat on a Roomba, and so I explained it to her. She had also never seen a Roomba. Now she is certain that Misty is possessed and I'm too lazy to vacuum.

She is adapting well.

With love,
~Cat

Cat on a Roomba! :LOL: Cat, it sounds like there will never be a dull moment around there with Laki and her Mom. And Carl too.

Now you can relax, knowing you were perfect for your DA when she was there. Now she is in the place that is perfect for her at this stage of her life.

Cat on a Roomba! :LOL: Cat, it sounds like there will never be a dull moment around there with Laki and her Mom. And Carl too.

Now you can relax, knowing you were perfect for your DA when she was there. Now she is in the place that is perfect for her at this stage of her life.

Yes, my DA is happy now and I thank you so very much! I just miss her badly but now these walls ring with life and happiness again. This home is full of DA's spirit and love, and now I am so lucky to have Laki and Mamma Belle here who love this home as much as I!

Misty loves the Roombas! Mamma Belle is still trying to understand a very odd cat. Mamma Belle is adapting.

With love,
~Cat

That would have been precious to see. Thanks for sharing it! Gave me a good laugh this morning.

Back
Top Bottom