So tired of food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Robin

Senior Cook
Do you ever get so tired of food that you can't stand to see, cook, or even smell food? I try to add variety when I get in this mood but it doesn't work. So I end up fasting for about a week. Unfortunately I still have to fix dinner for my DD and DH. Sometimes though I cannot even stand the thought of food. I don't know why really. I know I should eat. But it makes me physically ill if I try to force myself to eat when my brain is screaming NOO. :wacko:

Robin - Have tried talking to your doctor about this? Could be a reason why you feel this he/she could help with.

Bob

I know that feeling. I am a sous chef and I loved cooking until my wife got prego and now I hate cooking! She seems to find some crazy concoctions that I need to make.. Just bad news for me. But I have 2 months left.

I know that feeling. I am a sous chef and I loved cooking until my wife got prego and now I hate cooking! She seems to find some crazy concoctions that I need to make.. Just bad news for me. But I have 2 months left.

Oh I would have loved my Dh to cook for me when I was preggo. As it was, it was like pulling teeth to get him to go buy me salt and vinegar potato chips at midnight. :glare:

______

To answer the doctor comment, no. I really don't see it as a medical problem. And I'm not loosing weight because of not eating. I'm just not all that interested in most foods at times. Don't know why. Just happens to me once in awhile and figured I might not be the only one.

Regardless - lack of appetite or a revulsion to food can be the precursor to one of several serious medical conditions. And losing weight doesn't necessarily come into it. I second the suggestion that you mention it to your doctor. If not right now, then the next time you go for a checkup.

i certainly have the feeling of not wanting to eat anything. i have to because of being diabetic. maybe that is why i get sick of it. it always passes in a day or two. then i eat everthing in the house.

Robin, could this be weather related? This time of year where we live, it is so warm and humid, that we are down to eating just one meal a day, and even that is sometimes just fruit.

Robin, could this be weather related? This time of year where we live, it is so warm and humid, that we are down to eating just one meal a day, and even that is sometimes just fruit.

No, actually we are having a very mild summer because of all the rain.

Back
Top Bottom