Solitary Leaf

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There's a fairly big pool on the grounds of the museum with murals painted on the walls surrounding it. There was that one yellow leaf floating and it was slightly drizzling. I thought, hey, it might make a pretty nice picture if it comes out.

I would frame it, put artist info on the back, and slip it into the museum and just leave it leaning somewhere important and see what happens.
(I would if I had the nerve. Ha!)

Looks like you were at the right place, at the right time and knew what to do.
NICE!

Cuz....I gotta send you a camera. I took some of the haze out.

img_649188_0_a09c3430f261f77af3bb6dfb3a22e3a1.jpg

My Kodak started putting alot of blue into my pics for some reason.

Last edited:
The coloring does look more natural in that pic. I only had my camera phone on me so that's what I had to use. I guess I could've played with the pic on Adobe but I was too lazy.

I didn't notice the ripples on the surface until I opened it up in PS. lol

Either way, looks cool.

Cool shot. Something you might want to look into is a concept called "The Rule Of Thirds". Google it and you will get an explanation, but basically it says that your subject should not usually be in the center of the frame. It is more pleasing to the eye if you put it a bit off center. What you do is imagine a grid (think your standard basic tic tac toe grid) and place your subject on or near where the lines intersect. Even though it is a rule, rules are meant to be broken so sometimes you really do want the subject in the center.

Play around with this shot by cropping it using the rule of thirds and see what you think (if you want). You could also try changing the orientation of the shot.

Good job IC!

Back
Top Bottom