Some happy news for a change.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
Don't know how many of you know the story of three kidnapped women in Cleveland. In the early 2000s two teen-aged girls and a 20 year old were grabbed right off the streets and hidden away in a house on Cleveland's west side for all these years. Yesterday one of the victims was able to get the attention of a neighbor outside. He, in turn, kicked enough of the door out that the victim and her born-during-captivity daughter could get out to call police. When the police came they rescued the other two women and arrested the home owner and two of his brothers. A very long and sad case has come to a very happy ending.

This is such big news that it lead our local TV news reports last night! Yup, in a TV market that has had so much sad news with the Marathon Bombing being front and center finally a story with a happy ending.

If you want to read news accounts here are a couple of links:

Cleveland.com ~ Articles from The Cleveland Plain Dealer

WKYC News

I agree, happy news is hard to find CG! I've been following this story closely, and it gives hope to those with missing children everywhere. There are so many out there who are in limbo with never knowing for sure what became of their children. I can't begin to know what kind of a nightmare that must be, it has to be hell on earth. To see prayers answered for these girls gives hope to so many. I know I'd never give up hope, until it was proved to me hope was gone.

Two of the young women, Amanda Berry and Gina DeJesus, are both back home with their families. Sadly, Michelle Knight is a product of a troubled home life - she was primarily considered a runaway and the news media never gave her the same sort of attention that the two younger (both taken as teens) victims. She has a lot of medical and emotional issues to work through and will probably need lots of TLC before she can reach the level of recovery that Amanda and Gina have shown so far.

I heard this on the radio this morning in the car, first I had heard of the story, so pleased they are now safe, how terrible that would have been :(

I dont know much about the what happened in those 10 years, I can only just imagine :(

Edit: I am just reading the story now...not good!

Last edited:
It makes you realize that you never really know what goes on in your neighbors homes. The people in that neighborhood must feel awful having this happen right next door and not even realizing it was occurring and not being able to do anything until now.

Some neighbors say they called the police to report odd behavior on a couple of occasions but the police say they have no record of the calls. Kinda makes you wonder.

Back
Top Bottom