Sorry for the dog thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GB

Chief Eating Officer
For those that clicked on the dog thread I posted and became upset, I am very sorry. I guess I just saw it as sweet that the dog was trying to help the other dog. I never saw it from the point of all the other people not helping. Once that was pointed out to me it was like a ton of bricks hit me in the face. I am truly sorry for anyone who watched that and was disturbed. I have removed the thread from the site.

Don't misunderstand me GB-I would have posted it too.

I just found it disturbing that someone took the time to videotape it but couldn't be bothered to help.

From where I stand, an apology from you isn't necessary.

It's okay GB. We all know you well enough to know that you would NEVER intentionally hurt or offend ANYONE!! I had already heard about it on the radio, so, I watched it for that reason. I just didn't realize what was on it. No worries my friend!!

Also, it was taped by the city's traffic cameras. That is how they knew where the dog was to remove it.

GB, My impressions were exactly the same as yours and followed the same track. It is sad that no one helped the dog. Those that did not help are the ones to apologize, not you.

AC

It is sad that no one helped the dog. Those that did not help are the ones to apologize, not you.

AC

I felt bad watching that video and I don't know what I would have done had I been driving on that freeway.
As it is somewhat disturbing watching the video, I don't believe the rescue dog was really there. The rescue dog does not appear like it's really pulling and dragging something if you look very closely. The rescue dog was cleverly added to the scene.

But seriously, would you have stopped your vehicle in fast moving freeway traffic and risked your own life to help the poor dog?

These were cameras that are on the freeways for traffic observation. It was not one person standing there with their video camera.

I have had items fly out of the bed of my truck on the freeway and pulled over to retrieve them only to see a semi truck smash them to bits. Any person that would have been out there would have caused more of a risk!

It is sad to see but that is what happens, I see animals, that have been hit, on the road daily, I have seen them hit by other vehicles and have hit them myself. Maybe it is where I live but this is a common occorance.

GB... I know you had the best intentions in posting that video.

I know that someone stopping to help could of endangered their lives. I feel strongly about the welfare of animals and all I can say it was my emotions talking more than anything. I find it heart wrenching that the dog did what it did.

No apology needed GB.... I feel bad for even saying anything about it. I do appreciate your sensitivity.

But seriously, would you have stopped your vehicle in fast moving freeway traffic and risked your own life to help the poor dog?

I would have tried. I can't just drive by and do nothing. But that is me... as stupid as it may be.

And in all actually I should be apologizing to GB. He posted something he saw as miraculous and uplifting, one dog helping another. I chose to see the negative instead, no one stopping to help.
So my apologies to you.

And in all actually I should be apologizing to GB. He posted something he saw as miraculous and uplifting, one dog helping another. I chose to see the negative instead, no one stopping to help.
So my apologies to you.

I agree, I feel exactly the same way Mav.

There is certainly no need for any of you to apologize to me, but thank you nonetheless.

GB,
when you care about someone you apologize or you sheer them on, or do just about anything to let them know how you feel..You are special to all of us and we care for you...We just don't want you to feel bad or upset about that video..We understand the thought behind it.
hugs my friend
cj

As disturbing as the video may be to watch, I'm still willing to bet the rescue dog was doctored into that video.

As far as stopping your vehicle in fast moving traffic and trying to help the dog, that endangers not only yourself, but other drivers as well. Most all drivers don't think alike when it comes to seeing an injured animal laying on the side of the road.
Now, on the other hand, if a person was hit and laying on the side of the freeway, almost the entire traffic will immediately to come to a halt and several will try to help that person. That's just human nature.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom