Started Commit lozenges

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

texasgirl

Master Chef
I am going to quit this time!! I want to so bad! I have no willpower at all. I always try and start telling myself that I enjoy and that I don't need to quit. DH has been smokeless for over a year now. He quit cold turkey, but, he was also sick at the time too. Wish me luck and pray for me!!

I have to check my counter to be exact, but I quit about 4 months ago. I used the patch. Look for a download called Quit Counter. It calculates how many cigarettes you haven't smoked, how much money you saved and how many days you have added to your life. I'm so glad it's over with.

Spicy food helped the urge, i'm over that now too. I had one on New Years and it hurt my throat so bad I tossed it.

Good Luck to you! I know it's difficult but you can always look to your DH as proof that it can be done! I still smoke but have cut down somewhat. It really is a nasty habit. Good Luck!!!!!!

I didn't even want to quit and I did..... It's been almost 9 years now.
The knitting really helps with the urge to do something with your hands. Not to say you'll never want to again, I almost bought a pack last week. That woulda been dumb.

Committ lozenges!
They did the trick for me! I had to have something oral to replace
the cigarette.
I lozenged for a year after I quit, and still carry mints today.
A mint addiction is much better than a 3 pack a day ciggie
addiction!

Thank you all for the encouragement.
I am really stoked this time to do this. I had 2 this morning to finish a pack, last drag at 8:30am. Took the lozenge at 10, so far so good as to the withdrawals that normally hit by now. Wow, I just realized that it's been 4 1/2 hours. LOL
I downloaded the quit counter and will at home too. I think talking about it and putting it out there how I'm doing will help.

Committ lozenges!
They did the trick for me! I had to have something oral to replace
the cigarette.
I lozenged for a year after I quit, and still carry mints today.
A mint addiction is much better than a 3 pack a day ciggie
addiction!

DH has been addicted to Ice Breakers Wintergreen since quitting. :LOL:
I've been chewing on gum today.

Texas,
if I can do it so can you..I'm so proud of you..Way to go girl.

kades:)

Always remember... if you NEED a lozenge... have one.
Or break one in half if you feel like it is "too soon."
If you just WANT one.... maybe you can wait half an hour.....

I kept failing until I decided that I was gonna do it on my schedule,
not the generalized one that is suggested with the quit smoking products.

img_542478_0_52b3f1a39e48d7070035af13a44e1e70.gif
Congratulations from a newbie who's been smoke-free for 1 year, 4 months, 16 days, and 18 minutes! (Not that I keep up with it, or anything like that)

Thank you Kads!!
GF, I've had 2 today. I'm just starting to really WANT the cigarette. When I get to a breaking point, I will get another one.

SallyW, thank you!!

Thanks Buck and Miniman.
I'm trying. Counter says I have 64 hours for the physical addiction:blink::ohmy::shock:
But, I can do this!!!!:bb:

Congrats on making the decision! There is a forum called the Stop Smoking Center and they want to help you quit. I'm at just over 5 months. There is also a book called The Easy Way to Stop Smoking which has helped some folks. It's hard but it's doable.

James did the same as your husband TG--he was sick and was able to stop cold turkey (3 1/2 years ago).

A guest speaker at church one time was talking about how to quit a bad habit. He said you can't dwell on what you are not able to do anymore, but you have to find something to do instead. He carried a small notebook in his shirt pocket. He used to smoke and that is where he carried his cigarettes. He started carrying the notebook instead. I can't remember exactly what he said he wrote in it, but you could do just about anything with it. Write a recipe down, see if you can write down all the states in alphabetical order, write a poem, etc. Something that gets your mind onto something positive.

Also remember that it takes 21-30 days to give up an old habit or start a new habit. And if you slip a little, don't give up. A slip is just a slip, it isn't defeat.

:)Barbara

:)Texas Girl, I have tried the gums but thet give me a terrible pain in the stomach.Are the losenges(sp?) less harsh?

Back
Top Bottom