Storms, Tornadoes, Fires - Is everyone okay?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blissful

Master Chef
There have been terrible storms and tornadoes across the midwest to North Carolina and fires out west.
I hope everyone is fine.

Mollyanne hasn't been here in almost a week, and she lives in NC. NC was very hard hit with tornadoes. I hope she is okay and can check in here.

Anyone else in a storm ravaged area? Check in and let us know you are okay. Thank you.

My area is okay. We had major storms last night. I'm on a peninsula. Towns across both rivers to the north and to the south got hit hard. The town north of us had 3 people die and major damage to 2 schools and numerous homes. The town to the south had some major damage to homes as well. I haven't heard of any deaths there but many injuries. You know it's bad when every 15 mins the emergency broadcast system is breaking in and telling folks to take cover.

My area is okay. We had major storms last night. I'm on a peninsula. Towns across both rivers to the north and to the south got hit hard. The town north of us had 3 people die and major damage to 2 schools and numerous homes. The town to the south had some major damage to homes as well. I haven't heard of any deaths there but many injuries. You know it's bad when every 15 mins the emergency broadcast system is breaking in and telling folks to take cover.

I'm glad you are okay. I heard VA had many storms. Thanks for checking in, stay safe.

Thanks for the concern!
While we had no troubles last night, I can't say the same for the folks in the next county south of here. Bertie County is mostly rural, but there was much damage done and lives lost last night from these storms. May God give them all strength to get through this.

Not far from us, in pretty much all directions, there was a lot of damage. We just got heavy rains yesterday morning, then it was sunny and very windy. The worst we got was our trash can got knocked over by the wind, so we were fortunate. :cool:

We've had a couple of small fires close to town, but they've been handled quickly and safely. And so far the river has behaved.

I hope everyone else stays safe!

My first thought when watching the news this morning was all of my DC friends!!
Thanks for starting this Bliss. I too am worried about our Mollyanne!!
I'm used to fires around these parts, but tornado's just would scare the bejebbers outa me!!
Hold tight friends!!

They reported that so far the Carolinas are tied for their worst tornado event ever (1984), but that all the data isn't in yet and this could have been worse. :(

thanks for checking in everyone.
I'm hoping Mollyanne is on vacation or something....it would be nice to know she is okay if anyone knows.

Stay safe, it's only April, we have months of tornado and fire season to go.

We had a few tornado watches last week, but nothing came of it. A particularly strong wind had my picture window vibrating though. Pretty scary for a few hours.

by the grace of 1/4 mile, we dodged the Raleigh NC, tornado bullet. Unfortunately, it hit a trailer park and killed 3 young boys.
In my hometown of Fayetteville, NC, it is quite possible that up to 3 or 4 of the homes I lived in as a kid were hit or had wind damage. (We moved a lot, but stayed in the same general area, thanks Mom and Dad!) It's kind of strange.. I am leaving the state soon forever, and its kind of like Mother Nature is giving me the boot, LOL!
(Anyone here from New Albany IN?)

by the grace of 1/4 mile, we dodged the Raleigh NC, tornado bullet. Unfortunately, it hit a trailer park and killed 3 young boys.
In my hometown of Fayetteville, NC, it is quite possible that up to 3 or 4 of the homes I lived in as a kid were hit or had wind damage. (We moved a lot, but stayed in the same general area, thanks Mom and Dad!) It's kind of strange.. I am leaving the state soon forever, and its kind of like Mother Nature is giving me the boot, LOL!
(Anyone here from New Albany IN?)
I'm glad it missed you. Last I heard there were 22 dead in North Carolina.

Our local meteorologist just said that tornado watches are about to go up in Missouri and Arkansas and that there could be another outbreak in the mid-west. :(

Thanks Barbara,

I can see on the national weather maps, there may be more storms in sight.

Last year, 5 miles from here, we had a terrible tornado rip through a town, the devastation was horrible. I've never seen anything so terrible. Huge trees ripped off 10 feet from the ground, others uprooted, houses gone, roofs gone. It took weeks to clear rubble and where could these people survive? We heard sirens from our local fire/police department when it hit, before the storm went over our heads. We spent much of the night in the basement.

I'm still worrying about the devastation in NC, it takes days to clear debris, and restore power, water, gas etc and I wonder if people are okay.
Take care everyone.

Anyone hear from Mollyanne? She's not been on DC since 4/11. I really hope she is okay.

Anyone hear from Mollyanne? She's not been on DC since 4/11. I really hope she is okay.

I hope so to.

I'm getting really worried.

Someone should try to contact her and find out if she needs anything.

Does anyone have any contact info on her? No, don't post the contact info, just tell us you have it.

I don't know if this is possible, but can one of the mods see her email address, or possibly other contact info, which she doesn't show publicly?

I was at the Raleigh Durham airport when the storms blew through. I had no idea of all the devastation until I got to Las Vegas. My neighborhood in Raleigh was spared. I had a friend come to check it the next day, her husband's car was the victim of a falling tree, but otherwise they were OK. Many areas of Raleigh were without power for 4 days or more.

Mollyanne is still missing.
I don't have her contact information.
13 days, no word. Anyone have her contact information? (don't post it)
I know about where she is located but not her full name.
I hope she is okay.

Back
Top Bottom