"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 05-15-2020, 08:07 PM   #1201
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souschef View Post
Since Kayelle has come out of her funk, she has turned in to a real Jabbermouth (her words) at home and DC. I am sure you noticed it on DC. Well, I told her the story of a movie I watched many years ago about a man who fell in love with a woman who was mute. After a number of years, he found a doctor who could cure her.

Well, after she recovered from the surgery, she could not stop talking, driving the man to distraction. He finally had the doctor reverse the procedure and silence reigned.
Should I find out what the second procedure was?
Yes, I had noticed..and I wouldn't change a thing about KL! We are so happy to have her back.

Old 05-15-2020, 08:24 PM   #1202
Chef Extraordinaire

You darn near made me misty Beth. What a sweet thing to say.
I know you remember meeting Souschef, and one reason we're so good together is his crazy humor, and mine too for that matter.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 08:56 PM   #1203
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Longwind Of The North View Post
It's a crime. On my now departed in-law;s back yard, they had an orange tree. in El Cajon, Ca. This tree had medium sized, dark orange oranges that were thin skinned, but a challenge to peel. And the fruit had seeds in it. But the oranges were the best tasting oranges I've ever eaten, super sweet, and so juicy, eating one cod from ice box was like drinking the best orange juice.

What's a crime is that the tree was let go until it died. The family who lived with MIL said they didn't care for, and couldn't eat oranges. The grand-kids said the same thing. I think they were just to lazy to take care of the tree.=m or garden. But, that's y opinion. But I gotta say it, those oranges were spectacular., and I miss them, along with my in-laws. They were as sweet as those oranges.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Those oranges are called "Valencia" Chief. They are only for juice here, and you're right that they are sweet and very delicious. Many of our neighbors have them along with the Navel eating orange and both are free just for the asking. We often trade our highly prized Meyer Lemons for both. Actually we will give away our M. Lemons on our full little tree "just because" and without a trade.
You may know that the Heritage Valley here is called "The Citrus Capital of the World." It's a joy to live here, just a pretty 15 mile drive west and you'll be in Ventura, by the Pacific, where I grew up as a California "Gidget". There's nowhere I'd rather live than here because I guess I've bloomed where I was planted. At this advanced age, that's a very good thing.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 09:06 PM   #1204
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by bethzaring View Post
Yes, I had noticed..and I wouldn't change a thing about KL! We are so happy to have her back.
Well said, +1
Old 05-15-2020, 09:30 PM   #1205
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
Well said, +1
+2
luv ya K-L !!
Kaneohegirlinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 12:37 AM   #1206
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Two weeks ago the weather was chilly. Today we are having a heat wave. We actually broke records for heat in Montreal. For the weekend, we have frost warnings. The weather is broken. Climate change is real. It's not quite what I was expecting from the climate emergency.