Stray Thoughts 2.0

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We have one neighbor who is a policeman, and one who is a Deputy Sheriff. Between them and the one that lives between them, I felt safe when I had to spend a month up in Norfolk with my mom last year. The two LEO's would ride by once an hour when they were on patrol, and would walk around the house when they got off duty. The neighbor in between would get my mail and paper for me and I had a couple of the timer things that I had some indoor lights plugged into.

Just a little stray thought of today.

My little pony, friendship is magic has a horse named Pinkie pie... is it a pink pie or a pie made out of pinkies?

I have been away from this forum for a long time! I'm not even sure where to dig in again!
How's everybody??

edit: yes, so I'm thinking I'm going to try to just hang out here for awhile until I get more familiar with the site/figure out what I want and need from here. I'll just check in with some random thought and maybe something will spark my interest again with food. hehe
I'm back on track, but with my special diet and my husbands special preferences... :)

Last edited:
Good to see you back, mc. What special diet are you on? I'm sure if you let us know your eating preferences, someone will be along to tell you what's right and what's wrong. ;) After all, DC does have a few "experts" who think they know everything. :rolleyes: :whistling:

A stray thought for Memorial Day:
I don't like hot-hot weather, but my idea of the first official weekend of summer is NOT 52 degrees and wearing a sweatshirt. Just sayin', Mom Nature.

Good to see you back - what preferences are you looking for? I'm diabetic and am trying to do low carb,(note TRYING), so I may be able to help you there.

Thanks! (You are always so welcoming here! :) )

Well, I did share my diet on here before. Biggest thing is that we like Indian food or similar rice based dishes. Needs to be alcohol free. And then I have special restrictions. Here is my order of concern. Number one goal is gluten free, then I really try to watch sugar and dairy (regular milk and yogurt and ice cream substitutes. Cheese is the hard thing. Need vegan cheese, not just vegetarian) and finally, while it is important to watch, it is my weakness sometimes-deep-fried foods/high sodium/high bad fats.

If I had goals, it'd be finding coconut recipes and avocado uses (so expensive) and ways to incorporate the Omega fatty fishes, nuts, seeds....oh and mushrooms too. I love mushrooms, but hubby not so much. Same with coconut. Hmm and gluten free and sugar free baking, but of course, it is kinda hot for that now. Lol

I think I just like chatting while I browse. I get so lonely browsing in silence. I found some other forums, but got turned off because they were less active. Ha! I want to subscribe to the what are you eating. If I might make a suggestion. Can there be one that goes Everyday so I can bookmark just one thread? I keep missing updates because you make new threads daily! Lol
One other thing (these should probably go in another section. Forum suggestions or something) well, I just have been slow to navigating this site because I don't see like notifications. Meh, it works with subscriptions though, so I will try to keep up there, but like when someone quotes you or something, since I can't always get on, it is hard to find those. I guess I have been on another forum like this, but yeah, same concern and haven't used it as much.

Anyway, sorry for my babble. I'll try to just keep in touch daily if just to comment on this thread for now. Haha :D

Don't worry about the babbling - everyone does it at one point or another.

I didn't even know there was a "What are you eating?" thread - I haven't seen it. I'll look or it in here and if I can't find it, I'll start another one. It would be interesting to see what everyone eats each day.

Have you tried searching for recipe blogs using the things you are looking for? Like "vegan recipe blogs" or "gluten-free recipe blogs"? Plug those into Google or your favorite search engine and see what you come up with.

I didn't even know there was a "What are you eating?" thread - I haven't seen it. I'll look or it in here and if I can't find it, I'll start another one. It would be interesting to see what everyone eats each day.

I think she's referring to the daily dinner thread. We also have threads about what you had for breakfast, what you had for lunch, what you had for a snack, what you had for dessert and what you're baking. I'm not sure we need any more ;) It's best to subscribe to the threads or forums you're interested in.

And thanks to all who chimed in.

So I made it back another Day! Yay! I am just in the habit of checking all the other social media sites regularly and this hadn't gotten into the rotation yet...but I'm getting better! Saw some nice dinners in the tUS day menu. Can't wait to get more inspired! :)

Oh there is a FB page too?!! Well, then that might just remind me to come here TOO! Hehe (oh autocorrect stop that! Yes, it caps the word before an ! But if I do it now! Yeah, see, doesn't do it when I want it to. Lol *sigh)

Last edited:
One last thought, I just received a thanks with a comment, can I respond to these? (This is so weird. I am just asking this question out into the universe it seems! Who will answer?...lol ok, I need to eat Now! Goodnight!)

One last thought, I just received a thanks with a comment, can I respond to these? (This is so weird. I am just asking this question out into the universe it seems! Who will answer?...lol ok, I need to eat Now! Goodnight!)

I have no idea if you can reply to the thanks and/or comments. Maybe a moderator or someone like that can answer your question.

Yes, you can. It comes to your private message box. There should be a button to reply.

Back
Top Bottom