Stray Thoughts 2.0

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's a crime. On my now departed in-law;s back yard, they had an orange tree. in El Cajon, Ca. This tree had medium sized, dark orange oranges that were thin skinned, but a challenge to peel. And the fruit had seeds in it. But the oranges were the best tasting oranges I've ever eaten, super sweet, and so juicy, eating one cod from ice box was like drinking the best orange juice.

What's a crime is that the tree was let go until it died. The family who lived with MIL said they didn't care for, and couldn't eat oranges. The grand-kids said the same thing. I think they were just to lazy to take care of the tree.=m or garden. But, that's y opinion. But I gotta say it, those oranges were spectacular., and I miss them, along with my in-laws. They were as sweet as those oranges.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Last edited:
LOL... I saw the movie before the series and so was a little disappointed. Should have seen them the other way around. All that being said - Love Firefly too!

one of the reasons I've been watching The Rookie... :LOL:

You are NOT alone!

Still trying to wrap my head around the household dynamic...

IMG_20200510_191021654.jpg

Still trying to wrap my head around the household dynamic...

View attachment 40895

Reminds me of one of my great great great grandfathers from England in the early 1800's. I don't remember how I found out this info (census records?), but his wife and children were listed, as well as his wife's sister and the children he had with her. The wife and her sister, and children, were all in the same household. When I was into genealogy, I researched this family and found descendants of the sister of the wife and they too were bewildered. I was grateful I was descended from the properly married couple!

Reminds me of one of my great great great grandfathers from England in the early 1800's. I don't remember how I found out this info (census records?), but his wife and children were listed, as well as his wife's sister and the children he had with her. The wife and her sister, and children, were all in the same household. When I was into genealogy, I researched this family and found descendants of the sister of the wife and they too were bewildered. I was grateful I was descended from the properly married couple!

Were they Mormons?

While unusual, this may happen more than we realize..

I recall a family I grew up close to. A girl I was friends with lived with her parents and another gentleman. I never, as a child, gave it any thought. When I became an adult, I found that there was a relationship between the 3 adults, which lasted through out their lives.

We don't know and perhaps have no need to know, the lives of others..

Ross

Well, Ross, when the kids were little and Himself traveled frequently for work, I would tell him "I need a wife". Maybe "Dee" said this a couple of times and...*voila*!

Something Stray I've been thinking about ...

When we lived in Hawaii, I had many co-workers and
acquaintances, but not girl friends to hang out with.

We've moved now twice since leaving Kaneohe,
and only now, 4 years after the last move, do I have
a group of good girl friends.

I know that each of them has got my back, and
would help out at a moments notice.
Three of them live within a stones throw of us,
and we hang out on our front patios alot of days lately.

We just brought another gal into the fold and she's
a HOOT! AND she loves to cook and bake like myself.

All of us are pretty close in age and backgrounds, believe it or not.
We're not young any more, but we're certainly not old either.

What with the World being blown totally off it's axis
within the past few months, I feel so very blessed and grateful,
to have moved into a neighborhood that is just this wonderful!

I tossed and turned so much last night that it could have counted as a fitness workout.

That is if I actually worked out. :LOL:

I was so bad with tossing and turning, I finally got up at 3 am. Need to set the alarm in the living room, in case I decide to nap before going to work.:wacko::wacko:

I tossed and turned so much last night that it could have counted as a fitness workout.

That is if I actually worked out. :LOL:

I was so bad with tossing and turning, I finally got up at 3 am. Need to set the alarm in the living room, in case I decide to nap before going to work.:wacko::wacko:
Ykies, do we have yet another contagious virus going around? It's 4:30 am here and I'm worn out from the workout last night. This tossing and turning virus must be stopped before it's too late to save humanity
from this suffering curse..
Nobody should get the Toss & Turn Workout Virus...
Stop the TTWV now!!!!

What's really bad is that 30 minutes before I'm to start getting ready for work, I want to nap...even after two cups of coffee!

Since Kayelle has come out of her funk, she has turned in to a real Jabbermouth (her words) at home and DC. I am sure you noticed it on DC. Well, I told her the story of a movie I watched many years ago about a man who fell in love with a woman who was mute. After a number of years, he found a doctor who could cure her.

Well, after she recovered from the surgery, she could not stop talking, driving the man to distraction. He finally had the doctor reverse the procedure and silence reigned.
Should I find out what the second procedure was?:LOL::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom