Stray Thoughts 2.0

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Since Kayelle has come out of her funk, she has turned in to a real Jabbermouth (her words) at home and DC. I am sure you noticed it on DC. Well, I told her the story of a movie I watched many years ago about a man who fell in love with a woman who was mute. After a number of years, he found a doctor who could cure her.

Well, after she recovered from the surgery, she could not stop talking, driving the man to distraction. He finally had the doctor reverse the procedure and silence reigned.
Should I find out what the second procedure was?:LOL::ROFLMAO:

Yes, I had noticed..and I wouldn't change a thing about KL! We are so happy to have her back.

You darn near made me misty Beth. What a sweet thing to say. :flowers:
I know you remember meeting Souschef, and one reason we're so good together is his crazy humor, and mine too for that matter.

It's a crime. On my now departed in-law;s back yard, they had an orange tree. in El Cajon, Ca. This tree had medium sized, dark orange oranges that were thin skinned, but a challenge to peel. And the fruit had seeds in it. But the oranges were the best tasting oranges I've ever eaten, super sweet, and so juicy, eating one cod from ice box was like drinking the best orange juice.

What's a crime is that the tree was let go until it died. The family who lived with MIL said they didn't care for, and couldn't eat oranges. The grand-kids said the same thing. I think they were just to lazy to take care of the tree.=m or garden. But, that's y opinion. But I gotta say it, those oranges were spectacular., and I miss them, along with my in-laws. They were as sweet as those oranges.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Those oranges are called "Valencia" Chief. They are only for juice here, and you're right that they are sweet and very delicious. Many of our neighbors have them along with the Navel eating orange and both are free just for the asking. We often trade our highly prized Meyer Lemons for both. Actually we will give away our M. Lemons on our full little tree "just because" and without a trade.
You may know that the Heritage Valley here is called "The Citrus Capital of the World." It's a joy to live here, just a pretty 15 mile drive west and you'll be in Ventura, by the Pacific, where I grew up as a California "Gidget". There's nowhere I'd rather live than here because I guess I've bloomed where I was planted. At this advanced age, that's a very good thing.:clap:

Last edited:
Two weeks ago the weather was chilly. Today we are having a heat wave. We actually broke records for heat in Montreal. For the weekend, we have frost warnings. The weather is broken. Climate change is real. It's not quite what I was expecting from the climate emergency.

Stray thought I had about lipstick. I haven't had lipstick on since March. I've hardly been out of the house since then, but you sure can't wear lipstick with a mask on.

I wonder if lipstick manufactures have felt the pinch of mask wearers? Actually I haven't had any makeup on at all since this all started. I just may doll myself up for my SC today. :wub:

Stray thought I had about lipstick. I haven't had lipstick on since March. I've hardly been out of the house since then, but you sure can't wear lipstick with a mask on.

I wonder if lipstick manufactures have felt the pinch of mask wearers? Actually I haven't had any makeup on at all since this all started. I just may doll myself up for my SC today. :wub:
Lol, I put it on by habit when I went to the doctor in late March. When I saw the lipstick stain on the inside of my mask later, I laughed at myself and haven't worn it since [emoji38]

I think I'm going to stop using the expression "I was lazy today". Instead I think I'll say "I've decided to channel my energies into leisurely pursuits".

Sounds better, no? ;)

I think I'm going to stop using the expression "I was lazy today". Instead I think I'll say "I've decided to channel my energies into leisurely pursuits".

Sounds better, no? ;)

Yes keep it!;)
I love it. Like Dragon says "Now to remember it"
Let's start a chant... Leisurely pursuits...Leisurely pursuits.....:LOL: Because WE matter..:wub:
As for lipstick use. Not long ago I went into Macy's to buy makeup(War Paint) that I don't even wear anymore. The sales lady said and I quote, "Women of your age shouldn't be wearing lipstick.You should be using lip liner instead"

I might be old honey but I'm not stupid.:ermm:
Munky.

Yes keep it!;)
I love it. Like Dragon says "Now to remember it"
Let's start a chant... Leisurely pursuits...Leisurely pursuits.....:LOL: Because WE matter..:wub:
As for lipstick use. Not long ago I went into Macy's to buy makeup(War Paint) that I don't even wear anymore. The sales lady said and I quote, "Women of your age shouldn't be wearing lipstick.You should be using lip liner instead"

I might be old honey but I'm not stupid.:ermm:
Munky.

Actually I think that's good advice. Lipliner was hard for me to master, but it works well once you get the hang of it, and keeps lipstick from bleeding into those dang little lines around an old mouth like mine. The lipstick color absolutely has to match the liner color though.

I really miss wearing lipstick, and all my subtle makeup too. From now on, I'll put my makeup in the morning, and maybe I'll feel more normal.

Geeze, any attempt to feel normal might help. Gah...

I gave up most makeup, even for parties, about 10 years ago. I was getting ready for a party and was painting my face. I put on some powdered eye liner, which I hadn't used in quite a while, and was horrified. It made all those crepy crinkles on my eyelids pop. Actually, I had never noticed them before. I had to scrub that off. So, the rest of the makeup had to come off too, since it's just too hard to wash only eyes and not get water and makeup remover everywhere. Anyhoo, that was the last time I tried to "doll myself up". Makeup is supposed to enhance my appearance, not make me look older. If I am feeling pale, I might wear some blush and lipstick. But, since I pretty much quit wearing lipstick, I find it feels yucky.

I gave up most makeup, even for parties, about 10 years ago. I was getting ready for a party and was painting my face. I put on some powdered eye liner, which I hadn't used in quite a while, and was horrified. It made all those crepy crinkles on my eyelids pop. Actually, I had never noticed them before. I had to scrub that off. So, the rest of the makeup had to come off too, since it's just too hard to wash only eyes and not get water and makeup remover everywhere. Anyhoo, that was the last time I tried to "doll myself up". Makeup is supposed to enhance my appearance, not make me look older. If I am feeling pale, I might wear some blush and lipstick. But, since I pretty much quit wearing lipstick, I find it feels yucky.

Ohh I hear ya Taxi ! Eye shadow can be horrible on older lids unless it's a subtle mat finish without any sparkle at all. I wear a little filler type pencil for getting rid of the holes in my eyebrows, and I love wearing some mascara because I swear I think it makes me see better. :shock:
I don't wear foundation makeup, but I do like my tinted moisturizer and Maybellline claims it's "8 in 1 Beauty Balm skin protector with SPF30".

It comes in several shades but I use light/med sheer tint. :winkiss:

Ohh I hear ya Taxi ! Eye shadow can be horrible on older lids unless it's a subtle mat finish without any sparkle at all. I wear a little filler type pencil for getting rid of the holes in my eyebrows, and I love wearing some mascara because I swear I think it makes me see better. :shock:
I don't wear foundation makeup, but I do like my tinted moisturizer and Maybellline claims it's "8 in 1 Beauty Balm skin protector with SPF30".

It comes in several shades but I use light/med sheer tint. :winkiss:

Yeah, it was sparkly eye shadow. :rolleyes:

I gave up on mascara much longer ago. I have short, black eyelashes and mascara doesn't make any difference in their appearance. All it does is make black streaks when I wash my face. And, I wore it for years. Poked myself in the eye with the mascara wand a few times. :LOL:

When I wear make-up, it is generally Boomsticks. Truly the easiest make-up routine ever, and it does not settle into the lines.

On lipstick, my mother would never answer the door without lipstick. I think she would have been up all night altering masks to allow her to keep it without it getting all over the mask. Momma liked challenges. :)

Anyone else use a Bialetti mocha maker to make coffee? I have been using them for about 30 years, off and on. At the moment, it is how we are making our morning coffee. There's a little valve on the side, in case the pressure inside gets too high. For the very first time, about a week ago, it kicked in. OMG, that thing is loud! It made a noise that let you know for sure that something needed to be done NOW. I moved the little coffee pot off the heat and it shut up. After it had calmed down, I put it back on the stove and it finished making my coffee. That was startling. Anyone else ever have that happen?

I came across a Danish saying about fish. "Fresk fisk skal lugte af hav og ikke af havn!" It means, "Fresh fish should smell of sea and not of harbour!" I think that's a great description.

Back
Top Bottom