Style

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsLMB

Executive Chef
Through the years styles keep changing.

Clothes, hair, shoes, makeup, you name it .... and if you wait long enough, those old styles that were popular when you were a kid have a way of coming back to haunt you.

So the questions are .. what was your favorite look at any time in your past life - could be your haircut, your shoes, and entire ensemble !

And what style or fad do you hope never ever comes around again.

I am casual/country, L.L.Bean sort of!

I hope we never go back to Nehru jackets, lavender wide wale corduroy pants, granny glasses and embroidered bohemian yak jackets! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I love wearing good quality jeans, recently got a couple of pairs for my upcoming birthday :)

I also like to dress up and look feminine when we go out for parties or dinners etc

During the week for shopping etc I keep it pretty casual, tracksuit usually, love Diadora tracks :)

I had a year, my senior year in high school '91-'92 that I looked my best. It was a very preppy time, and I fit the mold. I had great hair, I was at my ideal weight, I just looked good.

It's been all down hill from there...

I guess that you could call my current style fairly preppy. I go for good quality over obvious name brands. I tend to only wear sneakers when at work because I'm on my feet all day. Otherwise leather shoes. In the summer I wear my Birkenstocks pretty much all the time when not working. I discovered them when I first started dealing with plantar fasciitis, they are incredibly comfortable! And no I don't wear them with socks, I've been gifted with very attractive feet for a man!

Shrek says I still look like I did when he met me...I think he's crazy but, I did look good around then. And I still wear flannel shirts, t-shirts, tank tops and jeans. Tops and dress pants if I have to look nice or dress professionally. I've always worn flat shoes, even in high school.

I went through a few stages.

Here. Have a laugh...

I liked my Rat Pack phase, but I can't walk around in black suits with skinny ties, smoke king size cigarettes in a holder and drink triple scotch on the rocks any more....lol

Attachments

• 2689_83893062400_2859573_n.jpg
    2689_83893062400_2859573_n.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 142
  • 22631_248402352400_2388448_n.jpg
    22631_248402352400_2388448_n.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 132
  • 4592_98903992400_6010106_n.jpg
    4592_98903992400_6010106_n.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 134
  • 4592_98954187400_800498_n.jpg
    4592_98954187400_800498_n.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 135
  • 532787_10150756402927401_368121392_n.jpg
    532787_10150756402927401_368121392_n.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 135
  • 38983_424196952400_7814829_n.jpg
    38983_424196952400_7814829_n.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
I have no style LOL

If it fits and I like it I wear it. I don't care what is in fashion and what isn't.

I figure if people don't like the way I dress they don't have to look !

My favorite ensemble would be blue jeans and a t-shirt and no shoes.

I don't dress up often but when I do I scare the dogs LOL They have no clue who that woman is coming down the stairs .. after a quick sniff they say it smells like Mom but it sure doesn't look like her.

I loved bell bottoms when they were in style but really can't think of any other fashion fad right now that tripped my trigger.

I spent years as a buttoned down businessman in a suit and tie. I had to wash and iron 5 dress shirts a week (or take them to the cleaners), take suits to the dry cleaners and polish shoes regularly.

Now I dress to please myself. Jeans and a T-shirt/shirt/sweatshirt when it's cold. Shorts and a T or polo when it's hot. Socks only if my feet are cold.

The day before I got married I had long red hair down to the top of my butt. I got it cut into a Bubble style cut the day before my wedding. And I loved it. There was a shocked look when I got to the alter.

I have tried to let it grow a couple of times, but could stand it only down to the middle of my back. Then got it cut again and again. I now wear it in a Pixie style. Really short, close to my head. My picture was taken during one of my trying to let it grow times. I towel dry my hair now and don't even use a comb or brush on it. Tousled look.

I have always dressed conservatively. Even today. I was never one to show cleavage or wear my skirts too short. I HATE socks and still don't wear them even in the middle of winter during a blizzard. I wore heels during my working days, but have always preferred flats. Loafer style. Now I go only 1.5 inch high on the heels for a special occassion.

In the house I stay in a nightgown. For going out into the nieghborhood, slacks and a top. Sometimes a skirt and a top. I love maxi skirts. Hides everything. Including the large scar on my leg. :angel:

Through the years styles keep changing.

Clothes, hair, shoes, makeup, you name it .... and if you wait long enough, those old styles that were popular when you were a kid have a way of coming back to haunt you.

So the questions are .. what was your favorite look at any time in your past life - could be your haircut, your shoes, and entire ensemble !

And what style or fad do you hope never ever comes around again.

I'm pretty open-minded when it comes to fashion/style, but can't wait to see the pants-below-the-butt look gone. The other look that's a no-no for me is men in skinny jeggings. Looks a little, well, metrosexual. Not that there's anything wrong with that. It's just not a good look on a male.

Last edited:
If you're blessed with a figure that's circumferencially ample, pants that taper down to tight around the ankles are not your friends.

+1.

Eddie Bauer is my friend. I like that they have tall sizes in small sizes, and the Miraclesuit is, well, a miracle. Lotsa spandex in those babies.

I wear my hair very long, always have. Wash and wear, and I can put it up in a clip wet or dry. DH trims my hair, and he works cheap. Just wish the gray would go away, but apparently there will soon be a pill for that.

Folks with bigger bottoms would probably look better with jackets that don't cut them in half. I don't like the trend of short jackets for women. And jeggings on anyone is just wrong....

+1.

Folks with bigger bottoms would probably look better with jackets that don't cut them in half. I don't like the trend of short jackets for women. And jeggings on anyone is just wrong....

That's the most important thing about dressing. It isn't always what you wear, but the fit that makes all the difference in the world.

A t-shirt and jeans can look sharp on certain people with a proper fit. I'm not at my ideal weight, so slim fit polos and t-shirts don't do me any favors, patterns and plaids with a trim cut look best on me, it helps camouflage the imperfections.

I also wear jackets that have a straight shape and aren't bulky, a pea coat has to be single breasted, as does suit jackets, those are more slimming on me.

In my opinion many things can look "put together" if they are fitted correctly, kept in good shape and not all wrinkled. I'm a fan of casual done right.

I want a top that is loose and covers at least half my butt. I have no waist, short tops do absolutely nothing for me. Print top, solid dark color bottoms. I am most likely the old lady in jeans, t-shirt purchased from ThinkGeek and a pair of Merrells. Unless I'm at work, there I wear scrubs.

Butt coverage is a necessity, considering I don't have one. No waist either. Nothing tucked in. I would look like an insect. I love longer vests and cardigans and have a few favorite long jackets, and pockets are a must. Always black pants for work. Got a couple short denim jackets that look good with long skirts.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom