Sun Tea question?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hmmm. Grew up drinking sun tea, but am not surprised. Sometimes when I've made it, I've poured a glass and not liked the "texture", if that makes any sense. Seemed a bit slimy. So threw it out. I grew up mostly out west, with summer temps in the 100s with zero humidity. Mom would never have thought of making it any other time besides the heat of summer. A day or two? We're talking an hour or two. Maybe an afternoon. And not a sunny window, out in the sun where it is HOT, not inside. Never overnight.

I've not had luck with it since I left Hawaii. And that was 20 years ago. Winter Park gets hot enough, but in FL (where Mom lives now) it still needs to be outside in the sun, not in your air conditioned house in a window. And hours, at the most, not days. So I'm not surprised that bacteria can grow in it!

Hmmm. Grew up drinking sun tea, but am not surprised. Sometimes when I've made it, I've poured a glass and not liked the "texture", if that makes any sense. Seemed a bit slimy. So threw it out. I grew up mostly out west, with summer temps in the 100s with zero humidity. Mom would never have thought of making it any other time besides the heat of summer. A day or two? We're talking an hour or two. Maybe an afternoon. And not a sunny window, out in the sun where it is HOT, not inside. Never overnight.

I've not had luck with it since I left Hawaii. And that was 20 years ago. Winter Park gets hot enough, but in FL (where Mom lives now) it still needs to be outside in the sun, not in your air conditioned house in a window. And hours, at the most, not days. So I'm not surprised that bacteria can grow in it!

I buy the family size Luzianne tea bags and let 2 bags hang in a pitcher of cold water on my kitchen counter. Makes nice tea in an hour or two. My DH lives on tea.
Thank you guys and gals, By the way Getoutofmykitchen, I think I use the same brand but decafinated. However I may switch to green tea....

Back
Top Bottom