?? Sunday Special- Body Language

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
?? Sunday Special- Body Language
Did you know...
In one year the heart beats almost 38 million times, and by the time you are 70 years old, on average, it beats 2.5 billion times!
1. On what continent did the first human heart transplant take place, and what year was it?
2. what is normal human body temperature- in centigrade?
3. What part of the human eye is stored in Eye Banks?
4. what's the more common name for the disease, Rubella? 5. According to the American Society of Medicine, what percentage of Migraine sufferers are male?
6. What's the most obvious symptom of the disease "Ichthyosis" ?
7. fill in the blank; The primary source of physical discomfort among Americans is ___ ____ (two words).
8. Fill in the blank; One out of every ___ Americans will get some form of cancer.
9. According to the American Medical Association, what is the average waiting time in a Doctor's office ?
10. Appenectomies are the most common surgical procedure in the USA; what procedure is the second-most? 11. the insulin used to treat diabetes in human beings is taken from what two animal sources?
12. What type of bone is the "Atlas"?

1. Africa
2. 37 degrees
3. Corneas
4. German Measles
5. 20 %
6. Scaly skin, somewhat like a fish
7. Back pain
8. four
9. 25 minutes
10. Breast Biopsies
11. pigs and sheep
12. a Vertabra

Okay, I don't mean to be rude or offensive, really. But isn't it enough that I have to delete this stuff from my e-mail inbox almost daily without encountering it here?

Don't get me wrong, I love learning things as much as (or even more than) the next guy, but have you actually researched any of these things like this that you post here?

I've seen a couple of other posts here like this, and some of the stuff in them was just plain wrong. It's almost never good to propogate incorrect information, not that I am saying this is the case with your latest one. Just... please!

Kelly

trivia is sometimes outdated, that's the nature of the beast, and it's TRIVIA for crying out loud, not a college lecture!

yes i do research things that don't sit well with me......for instance, today's quiz listed tonsillectomies as the most common procedure and i knew that had to be out of date, so i found an ama site with the up-to-date info

but i'm confused, you aren't being "exposed" to this; you are exposing YOURSELF to it.....................you don't have to click on the ?? at all, kelly;
that seems to me to be the easiest solution............
there are people here that enjoy the daily trivia; it'll be here every day.
if you don't like it, for goodness sake, Don't look!!

Last edited:
lucky, thanks for the trivia, i look foward to it each and every day. keep it up! It is just this simple....... IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, DON'T CLICK ON IT! problem solved!:idea:

Chef_Jimmy said:
lucky, thanks for the trivia, i look foward to it each and every day. keep it up! It is just this simple....... IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, DON'T CLICK ON IT! problem solved!:idea:
My thoughts exactly.:glare:

Back
Top Bottom