Sunday Special - Double (Letter) Trouble
Today we search for Food or Cooking related terms that contain within them a set of double letters. (bb , cc, dd , etc. )
Answers may contain one word or more; the FIRST word contains the double letter.
Also, answers run "A to T". (First answer begins with "A", second with "B", etc.)
1. Early on, the Avocado was known as the _________ ____.
2. The Italian term for dried salt cod...
3. Italian for "hunter," this American-Italian term refers to food prepared "hunter-style," with mushrooms, onions, tomatoes, various herbs and sometimes wine.
4. This extremely thick sandwich is piled high with a variety of meats, cheeses, condiments and lettuce...
5. This favorite New York City soda fountain drink has been popular since the 1930s. It's made with a mixture of milk and chocolate syrup
into which seltzer water
is spritzed, causing the mixture to foam enthusiastically.
6. There are two main types of this aromatic plant, both with pale green, celerylike stems and bright green, feathery foliage.
The seeds are available whole and ground and are used in both sweet and savory foods, as well as to flavor many liqueurs ...
7. This form of clarified butter is taken a step further by simmering it until all of the moisture evaporates and the milk solids begin to brown, giving the resulting butter a nutty, caramellike flavor and aroma. This extra step also gives ghee a longer life and much higher smoke point than regular clarified butter.
8. This Scottish specialty is made by stuffing a sheep's (or other animal's) stomach lining with a minced mixture of the animal's organs (heart, liver, lungs, and so on), onion, suet, oatmeal and seasonings, then simmering the sausage in water for about 4 hours.
9. With this tool, the blender goes into the product, the product does NOT go into the blender...
10. Also called a shot or shot glass .....
11. Split some fresh herring, then cure by salting, drying and cold-smoking.
What have you got ??
12. These small, hard-shell clams have a shell diameter of less than 2 inches. They're usually reserved for eating on the Half-Shell...
13. An emulsion of vegetable oil, egg yolks, lemon juice or vinegar and seasonings.
14. It's contents are 15 liters/20 standard wine bottles...
15. An Italian dish made of veal shanks braised with olive oil, white wine, stock, onions, tomatoes, garlic, anchovies, carrots, celery and lemon peel.
16. Large, straight tubes of macaroni, cut on the diagonal...
17. A flour tortilla filled with a savory mixture, then folded in half to form a turnover shape.
18. red-leafed Italian Chicory...
19. Containing only 1/8 calorie per teaspoon, this sweetener is said to be 300 times sweeter than sugar.
20. India's favorite Oven type...
1. Alligator Pear
5. Egg Cream
9. Immersion Blender
12. Little Necks