Sunday Special Sunday Special - TRIVIAL PURSUIT
Sunday Special - TRIVIAL PURSUIT
1. What major city is closest to Soweto ?
2. What is Latin America’s northernmost nation ?
3. What nickname is attached to the volcanoes surrounding the Pacific Basin ?
FOOD AND ENTERTAINMENT
4. What semolina-based food item is Algeria’s national dish ?
5. What European city gave its name to the town in Georgia where R.E.M were formed ?
6. Who had a hit with Love Don’t Cost a Thing ?
(Hint; She married Cris Judd after paying him to dance in the video)
7. What name was attached to a group of prowling WWII German submarines ?
8. Who was President when agency that would become the F.B.I. was created ?
9. What year was the great Chicago Fire ?
a. – 1851
b. – 1861
c. – 1871
d. – 1881
ARTS & LITERATURE
10. What is the first name of Professor Dumbledore in the Harry Potter series ? (Hint: Starts with A )
11. If I practice “Heraldry” what is it that I design, display, or describe ?
12. What note is the highest string of a violin usually tuned to ?
SCIENCE AND NATURE
13. What acid gives lemons their distinctive flavor ?
14. What is the second-hottest part of a Concorde in flight (after the engines) ?
15. What does the computer term WORM stand for ?
SPORTS AND LEISURE
16. How many times has a Triple-Header been played in the Major Leagues ?
a. – 0
b. – 1
c. – 2
d. - 3
17. What type of Hobbyist would be familiar with “The Barber”, “Saint Gaudens”, and “Walking Liberty” ?
18. What item of Sports equipment will have a coquille, or bellguard ?
3. Ring of Fire
6. Jennifer Lopez
7. Wolf Pack
8. Theodore Roosevelt
9. - c
11. Coats of Arms
12. - E
13. Citric Acid
14. the Nose
15. Write Once, Read Many
16. – b
17. Coin Collector
18. Fencing Sword
“Bad men need nothing more to accomplish their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
― John Stuart Mill