Talk about being put on the spot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
His wife was certainly surprised, Karen. And when I was telling her that there were two kinds of ribs and mentioned some were done like the ones I took over a couple weeks ago, you could see the expression on her face change. It went from surprise/thank you to remembering what those ribs had tasted like. Made my day :) Cooking for myself, I don't get to see that look when something turns out :mellow:

Thanks, Dave. I got my pewter warming plate back earlier and got the "review" from my friend/neighbor. I see a pressure cooker in their near future. He said the ones I did on the grill were good, but he wouldn't have the patience for them and was more interested in how I cooked the ones in the PC. And they were only seasoned, with no sauce on them. Go figure :rolleyes:...... 3 hour ribs, smoked, simmered, barbequed...... 1 hour ribs, seared and pressure cooked..... hmmm, I'll take the one hour ribs :LOL:

Oh luvs.... I'm still wallowing in my self pity of being a Browns' fan after the first week of football :(
BTW, did I mention I own a Harley and used to collect knives, even attended some combat handgun and knife courses?
:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

:angel:

Go figure :rolleyes:...... 3 hour ribs, smoked, simmered, barbequed...... 1 hour ribs, seared and pressure cooked..... hmmm, I'll take the one hour ribs :LOL:

Here's another method for you to try, it is one of 2 that I use for ribs. These are what I call summer ribs. They require two things, a good spice rub and a good BBQ sauce.

Work the rub into the ribs on both sides, place on a baking sheet, cover with foil and leave to sit in the fridge for 8-10 hours. Heat your grill for indirect cooking, wrap the ribs in 1-2 sheets of heavy duty aluminum foil and grill for 1 to 1.5 hrs over indirect heat and keep the lid closed, no peaking unless you need to check coals. Remove the foil and grill over direct heat, basting with the sauce for 20 -30 minutes or until done.

Thanks, Dave. Not having a true smoker I feel I am wasting a lot of time trying to impart a smoke flavor to them. Might as well skip that step until the day I have a real smoker and smoke them start to finish.

Oh Lynd, I want one too! I lived in England for three years (long time ago) and Harrods was definitely the highlight of any trip to London, especially at Christmas time. Hope you get what you are hoping for...

I love getting food hampers, I always ask for them :pig: :LOL:
I haven't actually tried the Harrods one yet though, have you tried them? :D

Back
Top Bottom