Tattoos...opinion?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is YOUR opinion on Tattoos? (votes NOT public)

• Cant get enough! Expressive and sexy!

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • One or Two small ones are nice.

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • I dont care either way unless there are a LOT of them.

• I dont like them. I wouldnt get them.

• Good for a pirate. Otherwise they are repulsive.

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • I have NO opinion. Leave me out of this Deadly Sushi!

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What about an option: I like them, I think they cool, but would never get one for my self. Sign me in for that one.

I've never seen one that stood the test of time well. They all seem to feather and turn an odd shade of blue as the person ages. Maybe they are making them better these days though.

It kind of tickles me to see some old codger with a tattoo peeking out from above his dress sock, which he's wearing with sandals, or from the short sleeve of his yellow Arrow dress shirt.

BC

Got two tattoos years ago and now regret em but only because they are not at all good, think I'm going to have to get a good tattooist to do something with them. If anyone is thinking of getting one I would advise you to see some of the artists work in the flesh so to speak before going ahead.
Just realised my first post in a cooking forum is about tattoos - lol. Maybe I should get two pork chops with crossed whisks and an egg timer to keep me on track.

BlueCat said:
I've never seen one that stood the test of time well. They all seem to feather and turn an odd shade of blue as the person ages. Maybe they are making them better these days though.

It kind of tickles me to see some old codger with a tattoo peeking out from above his dress sock, which he's wearing with sandals, or from the short sleeve of his yellow Arrow dress shirt.

BC

The techniques and inks used these days are a lot better than the old days of tattooing. They do not fade nearly as much, and if they do, you can get them touched up. :)

Picture this...
A beautiful girl with a tatoo....................

50 years later,
An old lady with a tatoo...
I'm not into pain LOL

Last edited:
pdswife said:
Do you know what you'll get Anau?

I was thinking something small and simple like a leg band. Traditionally it would cover just about your entire body but I don't think I'll go that far! They mostly consist of geometric designs and it's always in black.

I've actually found an organization that owns a collection of old historic sketches of people with tattoos and they will design one for you specific to whatever ethnic group your ancestors came from.

My two younger kids both got tatoos in memory of their older brother when they each turned 18.My oldest son ( the one who passed at 18) never got a tatoo but he used to draw a copyright sign on his leg and the year he was born(1981)with a ball point pen.So when my other son was 18 he had a tatoo put between his shoulders of the copyright sign with his birth year.When my daughter turned 18 she drew a small dragon holding a rose and incoporated in the dragon's tail she inscribed RIP Jymm (my son's name).She took it to a tatoo artist we know and he was able to tatoo her lower back with it.I never had a problem with tatoos before unless they were done way overboard but, then again that's for the person getting tatooed to decide anad if I don't like it- I don't have to look!!;)Just sharing.Vicki

When I get down to 180 lbs, I'm getting a 1/4 sleeve on my left shoulder/arm. I would love to have a Pe'a, but wouldn't do it out of respect for the Samoan tradition.

There's a popular quote in the tattooed world: The only difference between people who have tattoos and people who don't is that tattooed people don't care if you don't have tattoos.

As some of you know, I have one small tattoo & I love it. I really want to have some things added to it but it will be a long time before I can afford to have that done. I discovered when I got mine, that for me, ink is addictive! I love to see others tattoos & heare the story or meanings behind them. They have fascinated me for a very long time.

I forgot to share a funny tatoo story my sentiment with my kids kind of got in the way. A friend of mine had Thumper the bunny tattoed on her hip area in high school- well she gained a lot of weight during her pregancy and Thumper stretched quite a bit. Today Thumper looks like a California raisin!!!

That's the point. A tattoo is a permanent reminder of a temporary feeling. I'd never remove a tattoo. It's a memory of a time past, even if it was done on a whim.

crewsk said:
As some of you know, I have one small tattoo & I love it. I really want to have some things added to it but it will be a long time before I can afford to have that done. I discovered when I got mine, that for me, ink is addictive! I love to see others tattoos & heare the story or meanings behind them. They have fascinated me for a very long time.

I'm with you! After I got mine I started paying a lot more attention to others' and started finding them more attractive and interesting. Funny,huh? I would also like to get at least one more... but I'm not sure what or where.

I also think that the media has ALWAYS presented characters with tattoos as 'dangerous/trouble' or 'trashy'. Sometimes it's very subtle, and sometimes it's not. It's like the powers that be have some vested interest in keeping things that way. I'm not sure why. It's kinda the same way they are about the whole "meeting people on the Internet" issue. Sure, there are risks... but there are risks whenEVER you meet someone. I just think it's interesting to recognize how certain issues are CONTINUALLY presented by the mainstream media... Oh, wait - - guess I've gone off-topic a little with my rant, huh? Oh, well.

Gretchen said:
Think about how permanent they are--or how much it will cost to remove.

after spending all that money on them they BETTER be permanent !!!
i have three. i'm thinking one or two more for me

phinz said:
That's the point. A tattoo is a permanent reminder of a temporary feeling. I'd never remove a tattoo. It's a memory of a time past, even if it was done on a whim.
Phinz, we share the exact same feelings on this subject. Even if a time in your life (or a person) that once held postive meaning doesn't do so any more, the memory of when things were good (& hopefully happy) is worth recalling.

Back
Top Bottom